Subject: Pls consider putting the hero level pledge for EU too?!?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jouni Rayndeer
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Myth expansion kickstarter now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journey...

But the hero level pledge (both expansions and base game+ ks stuff) is only for canada and united states. I, like many many many other gamers (and very potential customers) live in EU. @creator, pls Put the hero pledge accessible for EU too!?

If you like the idea, press the "like button" so that they see that there are others who want this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I think it's a shipping concern. Brian mentioned that shipping the big coffin box is expensive and probably wouldn't be worth it, especially since you can get all of that at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Rayndeer
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
But if Monolith did it with Conan, surely Mercs can do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmuerto wrote:
But if Monolith did it with Conan, surely Mercs can do it?

You mean a company based in EU versus a company based in US?

Plus Monolith hasn't even charged shipping costs yet, so there is nothing really to compare there yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Rayndeer
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, I thought that Monolith ships stuff from the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmuerto wrote:

Monolith used a US shell company for the KS. They are based in France.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hypothetically, if they are thinking 50 euros to ship the expansion, would that mean that hero would be another say 25? So 75 euros to ship it, based on numbers I am pulling out of the air. Would EU folks pay that, or is it cheaper to buy the items piecemeal from Amazon or MM at around $40-$50 USD more but probably have better shipping rates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Rayndeer
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
If they could keep the delivery expenses at 50$ for the hero pledge too (I mean the same as minion pledge), I would pledge it. I will get the minion pledge minimum, so basically the delivery expenses would stay the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They expect the actual shipping costs to be much lower than those from the first KS because they're using a much smaller box this time around.

The old box was the same size as the QG Big Box games - 17x13x4-ish. The new expansions are the standard TTR medium-sized box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VoicelessFaces wrote:
Hypothetically, if they are thinking 50 euros to ship the expansion, would that mean that hero would be another say 25? So 75 euros to ship it, based on numbers I am pulling out of the air. Would EU folks pay that, or is it cheaper to buy the items piecemeal from Amazon or MM at around $40-$50 USD more but probably have better shipping rates?
Wasn't the base game another $100?

That was just the base game right?

Now base game with all the old KS rewards?

Can't it be had for cheaper than $100 anyway?

Copy & Paste back in time: It even says base game after Myth.

I would read it as the stretch goals for this campaign is included. Not the old one. That a copy of the base game just as retail was $100.

If it mean something else I'm going to complain .. Even if some people get there by whining about how "oh but it says stretch goals at the end!"

Edit: Oh, I see it now, it list five expansion packs for Myth too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mercs just posted this on KS as a response to this question (OP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galagaew wrote:
dmuerto wrote:

Nonetheless, Monolith are also shipping their large box to Australia. Mercs are not.

One of them has made an error in calculations, or their are unexplored shipping options here (e.g. those retails copies we have over here must have been shipped over at some point too - surely they aren't losing money on every one sold ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
galagaew wrote:
dmuerto wrote:

Nonetheless, Monolith are also shipping their large box to Australia. Mercs are not.

They shipped the original Myth KS over, and they are sending the expansions over to Australia.

The reason they are not shipping the base game this time is because it would be cheaper for you to buy the boxes locally than pay for it in KS and add shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Phantomwhale wrote:
galagaew wrote:
dmuerto wrote:

One of them has made an error in calculations, or their are unexplored shipping options here (e.g. those retails copies we have over here must have been shipped over at some point too - surely they aren't losing money on every one sold ?)

I think this time around they are shipping themselves to ROW rather than depend on a third party, so higher shipping cost but more control. I could be wrong though. I don't know if Monolith are experienced game devs. If not they could be shorting themselves on shipping. It's also a decent tactic for a new company to pull more people in. Once you're a known entity you don't need to take as much of a hit to get your game noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.