Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
i have to say, the quality of the bits for this game is top notch. The rulebook is in full color, printed on thick, glossy paper. The map is great quality, and the bits are perfect (no tearing on punching at all).

The red color used on the box and the Russian pieces is very bright and attractive.

i've skimmed the rules, and it looks exciting, fast paced, and easy to play. Kudos to MMP for putting together a game that appears to very accessible yet still fun and challenging in gameplay. i can't wait to actually give this a whirl!

As a side note, this is my first preorder ever of a boardgame, and it is my third MMP product (my other two are Target: Arnhem , my first, and The Mighty Endeavor, my second). i am very pleased with MMP, and i look forward to playing this and more of their games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Just got mine. Great-looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Overgauss .
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine and have yet to open it! Can't wait to give it a spin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I am really impressed with the components of this game!! The ONLY thing that is lacking is the strength of the box itself! The map is great and more durable than the paper maps that GMT uses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this game is really a beauty. The colors of the counters seem to put some off at first, but you get used to it quickly. I like that fact you get two options for what kind of armor/motorized counters to use, although I honestly can't imagine anyone using the rhombus armor counters over the nifty silhouette ones. The rulebook is a thing of beauty, as it is full color and one of the easiest I have ever seen for a wargame.

I would agree that the box of this and all MMP games really are a weak point. I wish they would find a way to move away from those flimsy ones to something a bit more durable.

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.