Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm asking for this game and the extension for Christmas this year. Is there a website I can go to which shows a lot of tracks for the base set and the base set plus extension? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is there a good website that shows all the various track
I don't know about the expansion set, but the instructions for PitchCar Mini show you 11 different track set-ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a Visio file that I made that lets you drag and drop pieces. I haven't uploaded because I don't yet have all of the ratios correct on the pieces (also Visio is not a widely-used piece of software). It even has the new pieces that Ferti released at Essen this year. Hopefully, I'll get time to fix things and upload it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new expansion just came out, "Pitchcar Mini Expansion 2" plus new long straights so you may want to also check it out:

http://ferti-games.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deacon I'm a Visio user (waving hand in the air). Would love to see template once you've finished it.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Deacon I'm a Visio user (waving hand in the air). Would love to see template once you've finished it.

Doc, sorry for the delay in responding to interest in my work...

I've been reworking things, in light of the new expansions. I got my copies of the new pieces late in December and am now trying to get all of the shapes to work correctly for the new pieces (and the old ones at the new angles that the second extension allows track to run at!). I have made some trial tracks with the new extensions using the Visio shapes I have created, but I am not yet entirely happy with the results. In particular, the 45% angled track does not seem to align well with snap and grid enabled.

The current file has gotten pretty large, as I have created layouts for all of the example tracks that Ferti has had on their website and on the inserts in the packages. Also, I have made layouts in Visio for many of the tracks pictured on BGG in the many listings for PitchCar, PitchCar Mini, etc. I will need to break these into smaller segments before I release them (and I need to get shapes that are 100% stable before I do that!).

Note that I only own the full-sized PitchCar - I would be very interested in the exact measurements of the mini pieces, if anyone has the inclination to make them for me.

My next project will be a lot less virtual - I am getting the measurements for the chicanes for the Carabande Action Set and plan on trying to make a couple of them (since they are not (yet - who knows what expansions are coming in the future...) available from Ferti.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.