Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, i do not mean the game. That is a german-style, worker placement and resource management boardgame with a twist.

No, no, i was referring to Bomarzo itself, just to explain you why the game has this title and why it is set there.

First of all, Bomarzo is a town. A very nice town, if you ask me. Wikipedia describes it as "a town and comune of the province of Viterbo (Lazio, central Italy), in the lower valley of the Tiber. It is located 14.5 kilometres (9.0 mi) east-northeast of Viterbo and 68 kilometres (42 mi) north-northwest of Rome".

It appears like this:

Lovely, it isn't?

Being in the middle of Lazio, near Umbria, the place is very good if you like olive-oil and typical central-Italy dishes (yes, you'll eat a lot if you visit these places, a lot and VERY well...).

The most famous feature of Bomarzo is called The Sacred Woods, or "The Park of the Monsters", a large green area just at the roots of the small mountain where the town is.

In this very unique place you may walk in the woods and encounter huge stone statues, sculpted in the boulders that Simone Moschino, a '1500 italian sculptor, created taking inspiration from mythological creatures.

So, for instance, you have an Orc:

Or a Dragon:

It is a very magic and special place, where you may really have wonderful and reflexive walks.

I've been there several times and some years ago I started to think about how well the place would fit as a setting for a boardgame.

And now it is getting real, thanks to GiochiX.it.

If you have any question about the setting or the game mechanics I'd be happy to provide more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Calcaterra
Italy
Roma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Stefano, best of luck for this new game of yours! The theme alone it's already wonderful, I can't wait to try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something tells me my wife will enjoy this game:
Mary Ann Harrison
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.