Subject: Battleline Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek McNamara
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battleline Sessionsdevil

I have played this game a couple of times in the last week, once with my wife, once with my daughter. Neither had ever played Battleline before.

My wife is not a big game fan, but she will play some games. The great thing about playing Battleline is that the rules are relatively simple, the strategy is the thing. She played cautiously and tended to suffer from paralysis of analysis, over thinking each play a bit, assuming I had a evil strategy in play. She tends to play cautiously, seeking not to lose rather than trying to win. I held back a little, but to finish the game and stop it going to long and giving the wrong impression of the game, I had to turn on the aggression and take the flags.

In contrast, my daughter has the potential to be a great gamer. She picks up the rules and the concepts very quickly, and she is an aggressive player, sometimes too aggressive. I played cautiously with her, seeking to challenger her without quickly defeating her. Thus, there was no breakthrough, but a series of closely contested battles. In the end she won the game. (Or did I let her win?)

I have played games with them before (e.g. RUNEBOUND 2nd ED), but on hindsight the game was too deep for their level of commitment, and that made them a little weary.

Overall both sessions were positive and fun. Both my wife and my daughter liked the game and are willing to play again, my daughter is even eager to beat her dad again.

Battleline appears to be a great game to recruit gamers. I have a work conference coming up in D.C. I plan on bringing Battleline with me and requite a few friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.