United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus is offering up a promotion for the month of November where BGG members receive an extra 10% off their orders:

Details here:
http://www.cardhaus.com/cgi-local/shop3.pl/page=bggpromo.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that CardHaus has free shipping at $150.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It looks like I'll be trying out Cardhaus for my next order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer, I placed an order in September that hasn't shipped yet because it's waiting for a pre-order

In any case, for those wondering, Cardhaus prices are usually 35% discount off MSRP... an extra 10% brings that up to 41.5%

And as David has mentioned, free shipping on $150+ orders. Also note that CardHaus honors the price on any games you pre-order (and paid for)... ie. if the price of the game goes up by the time it's released (as has happened with El Grande and Shogun [rethemed Wally] reprints).

The only question is I wonder if the free shipping is on $150+ orders *before* the discount code? If not, then you'll need to make sure to have $166.67 in your cart to get the free shipping.
Aldie wrote:
Cardhaus is offering up a promotion for the month of November where BGG members receive an extra 10% off their orders:

Details here:
http://www.cardhaus.com/cgi-local/shop3.pl/page=bggpromo.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janna Nelson
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Groovy! I've been pleased with prior orders from Cardhaus, so this is great, except that it's further ennabling my addiction.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if the discount applies to pre-orders? I have to admitt that I'd love to get an extra 10% off the price of Shogun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:

I know they used to have that but I can't find that anymore. Can you link to that?

http://www.cardhaus.com/cgi-local/shop3.pl/SID=9448958309727...

ok thanks found it...gonna place an order today most likely
We offer free shipping on all domestic orders over $150

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://cardhaus.com/cgi-local/shop3.pl/page=freeShipping.htm
mrbass wrote:
davebo wrote:

I know they used to have that but I can't find that anymore. Can you link to that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Total Items: 9
Unique Items: 9
Estimated Package Weight: 32.500 lbs

Sub Total: $219.69
BGG board game disc. 2006 10%: $-21.97
FedEx Ground: $0.00
Total: $197.72

Only thing I'm worried about is if Hollywood Blockbuster delays the entire order.....oh well as long as I get it before Christmas I'll be cool with it. You won't see the "Apply Gift Promo" until you get to payment options area. Click that before you enter your credit card info. Does it apply to preorders? yes I called and spoke to Daniel and as long as the preorder SHOULD be released in Nov (I'd say that's true except Age of Empires III) then your good. This is an awesome deal FREE SHIPPING and 10% off plus usually $2 or $3 cheaper than thoughthammer on many of these games.

I'm gonna list them on my website now as it appears their $150 free shipping has been going solid for quite sometime now. Only thing I wish they carried was GMT games like Twilight Struggle, Commands and Colors: Ancients..and perhaps Hammer of the Scots...oh well.

Also this is gonna force me to go find a job soon. I'm literally going broke due to this expensive hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!
I just ordered a whole bunch of expansions I probably would have never ordered if this offer didn't come along!
Sweet is right!

Card & Board Games
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title Info Price Originally Bought
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alhambra: The City Gates Rio Grande - NEW! $16.19 1
Alhambra: The Thief's Turn Rio Grande - NEW! $16.19 1
Alhambra: The Treasure Chamber Rio Grande - NEW! $16.19 1
Alhambra: The Vizier's Favour Rio Grande Queens Games $16.19 1
Blue Moon Expansion: Aqua Fantasy Flight Games $6.97 1
Blue Moon Expansion: Blessings - Emissaries Fantasy Flight Games $6.97 1
Emira Mayfair - NEW! $29.25 1
Robber Knights Rio Grande - New! $16.99 1
Runebound 2E Advnt Pk Avatars of Kelnov Fantasy Flight Games - NEW! $5.99 1
Runebound 2E Advnt Pk Champions of Kellos Fantasy Flight Games - NEW! $5.99 1
Runebound 2E Advnt Pk Cult of the Rune Fantasy Flight Games - NEW! $5.99 1
Runebound 2E Advnt Pk Drakes & Dragonspawn Fantasy Flight Games - NEW! $5.99 1
Runebound 2E Advnt Pk Walkers of the Wild Fantasy Flight Games - NEW! $5.99 1

Sub Total: $154.89
BGG board game disc. 2006 10%: $-15.49
FedEx Ground: $0.00
Total: $139.40
You can track your shipment from FedEx once it ships ( note: this info will not be available until your order ships )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus doesn't carry twilight struggle, EE, or many wargames at all. It seems odd considering how expansive their inventory is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, so it looks like it's free shipping on $150 before the discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got interested in board games earlier this year, so I haven't been through a holiday season before.
Is this 10% a normal holiday thing for cardhaus?
Do the discounts increase closer to christmas?
Do similar stores like thoughthammer also run similar discounts in the holidays?

I'm doing a big order ($300 or so) thats a combination of me and another couple people, I just want to make sure that they aren't going to do an even better discount in a few weeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is excellent, I too have several games preordered with them
but I highly doubt it is retroactive.

I used to be a big proponent of Thoughthammer, but lately
I have found MUCH better deals with Cardhaus. Both of
my preorders were only 20% off with Thoughthammer and 35% with
Cardhaus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oculona wrote:
That is excellent, I too have several games preordered with them
but I highly doubt it is retroactive.

Well you could always cancel the pre-orders and order again and use the 10% code this time (unless the prices have gone up more than that while you've been waiting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike LeDuc
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I'm guessing they have no way of tracking where your order is prior to them packing and shipping it out... Not so bad I suppose so long as it goes out nice and quick, but I placed an order Friday evening and I have no idea if it was accepted and processed or what. I did get a confirm letter with a fed ex tracking, so I guess it did get approved. I'm just itchin' to see it shipped.

I couldn't find any way on their website to see past orders either. Seemed a little odd... if I lose that email I'm out of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ducker wrote:
I did get a confirm letter with a fed ex tracking, so I guess it did get approved. I'm just itchin' to see it shipped.

If you have a fedex tracking number you should be able to use that to see if the package has made it into fedex's hands....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike LeDuc
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
ducker wrote:
I did get a confirm letter with a fed ex tracking, so I guess it did get approved. I'm just itchin' to see it shipped.

If you have a fedex tracking number you should be able to use that to see if the package has made it into fedex's hands....

yea.. I'm just waiting for fedex to get it... hopefuly today.

I'm not much of a board gamer (yet) but I ordered the Carcassone Big box and Rivers II and can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every order I've ordered with them went out pretty fast. I also received it pretty fast. In general, if I placed an order on or by monday, I would get the box before friday (if there were no pre-orders).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprising that they have the World of Warcraft expansion but not the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order this morning with cardhaus around 12:15 pm, using the free shipping since my order was over $150, I also used the discount code.
I got an email at about 3:20 pm saying it has shipped.

I dont think I've ever gotten a faster turnaround time from order to ship from any vendor, even places I order computer parts when I need it quick next day shipping.

3 hours from order to ship. Nice.

peterm wrote:
Surprising that they have the World of Warcraft expansion but not the base game.

Results that dont come up are out of stock usually. They just don't let them appear when you search. If you want to get around that, you can go to the BGG entry for the game, and click VIEW ALL on the BGG ads for the game. There should be a link to cardhaus's page for that game, the page will say OUT OF STOCK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter M
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that tidbit. Now I'll have to keep checking back throughout the month to see if they get that and Power Grid in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just wanted to say that I've been buying from this company for years and LOVE them.

Even when the prices they had were a bit higher (and they have come down to rock bottom lately in most cases) I bought from them just because there has NEVER been any hassle or problems of any kind over probably 20+ orders over the years.

I do support my FLGS lately now that I have one close by that I like, but what I do buy on-line will mostly likely be from Cardhaus.

P.S. INDEED, the only problem with Cardhaus is that if they are out stock, you cannot see that they carry it: searches come-up blank. This has costed them business from me over the years and they should fix it.

I think it is because they were mostly CCG at first, and when that stuff goes out of stock, backorders make no sense. For boardgames that are KNOWN to be being reprinted (like the list of FFG's site for games like TI3), they really should allow backorders on this stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've called twice and Daniel answered both times and very pleasant to talk with and when I cancelled my preorder once he was very cordial about it. Look forward to doing more business with them in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.