Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: game [+] club [+] liverpool [+] uk [+] [View All]
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of us are organising a game night in Liverpool city centre in a few weeks. We hope we can get some moderate interest and make it a regular thing.

We've had the go ahead from the Landlord at the Lion Tavern (30 seconds from Moorfields station). We are planning for the date of 27th November at about 6.30pm (until closing time) for the inaugral meet.

If anyone from Liverpool (or surrounding areas) is interested in attending just leave a reply here so I can keep you informed of any updates.

Thanks for reading!!

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon craddock
United Kingdom
widnes
cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested in attending but wouldn`t arrive
until 19:30 as i am working in Warrington.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Turner
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James

From other threads I have seen here on bgg there are already meets in Liverpool. You might want to do some searching to see what you can find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon,

We have the pub until closing time (11.00pm) and maybe a bit later for clearing up. I'd imagine initially that short games would be played for the first hour anyway while people arrive. There's nothing worse than setting up Caylus for five... and then having a sixth arrive. The Yahoo group will handy for people who want to arrange players for games in advance.

Richard,

I know of one other meet which used to take place at the Flute but moved around. At the moment I think that one takes place semi-regularly at a players home now but the location is a bit awkward for me with a likely £15-20 taxi fare each session. They are a nice set of gamers.

Paul and myself, who are organising this, play weekly at Manchester and thought of organising something locally with easy access. Paul is friends with the landlord at the pub and the night that we're choosing (Monday) is traditionally a quiet night there.

The problem in Liverpool is that there isn't a big FLGS where people can congregate and arrange things. We have one local shop that mainly does minitures but has a few games in stock and when I go I'm usually the only person there.

We will be setting up a Yahoo group nearer the time and people can list there own regular sessions there too. Hopefully players in Liverpool will be able to find something to match their time available and travel arrangements.

Thanks for the interest

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything seems to be going according to plan.

The landlord is happy to have us there on a quiet night.

I've set up a Yahoo Group so larger games can be planned and other announcements can be made.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/liverpool_lion_boardgame...

So to confirm...

Liverpool Lion Boardgamers
The Lion Tavern
Tithebarn Street (near Moorfields station)

Monday 27th November @ 7.00pm

We hope to see you there.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One day to go!!

We're all set and hopefully we should have enough players to have a couple of games running together.

If anyone is on the fence about coming then please try and make it to our first night as it will help to convince the landlord that a weekly gaming club is a valid use of his pub lounge.

Wish us luck!!

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
msg tools
Hey, this sounds a great idea, just hope it's in an award-winning pub with a range of cask beers and near train and bus stops,free parking outside and with reserved tables in a side room starting Monday nights at about 6.30. I reckon you'll get at least 10 for the first meeting, and if any students care to show up it could become a global event (on Titebarn Street)

Did someone mention the website is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon craddock
United Kingdom
widnes
cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An excellent first night was had by all.
Looking forward to to an even better second
meeting on Monday December 4th at 6.30 PM.

Thanks go to Paul and James for the organisation
and the free food....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simon craddock wrote:
Thanks go to Paul and James for the organisation

aww shucks.... blush

Quote:
and the free food....

Free? Paul told me it was £10 a head....

Anyway.. like mentioned above LLG will be back at the Lion Tavern tonight (Dec 4th). If you held off last week because you weren't sure it would be worth it then you missed out.

10 people (including a friend who simply came to sample the fine range of cask ales), 4 games and the spiciest cheese I've tasted.

Be there or be... home watching Coronation Street.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.