Popular Tags: [View All]
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone reversed engendered how points were setup for the DYO values? I was making some homemade cards for my games but I have not found anything for DYO points? What I can figure out is:

PVT = base point?
PFC = +5?
CPL/ASL = +15?
SGT/SL = +25?
SSG/SL = +35? (if you take it that far)

Then add weapons value, but I don't know what these are!

Then add any national value?

Thanks for any help on this.

Top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still trying to figure out what "reversed engendered" means. Also, FYI - it's considered bad form to thumb your own posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its changing the male soldiers to female.

paradoxes wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out what "reversed engendered" means. Also, FYI - it's considered bad form to thumb your own posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paradoxes wrote:

I will watch that from now on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized I didn't address your question - I have never gotten that deeply into the DYO part of UF, but if I have time this evening I will take a look at the rulebook and see if I can come up with anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
The original "formulas" that Courtney Allen used to generate DYO points are lost to the mists of time, according to the esteemed Mr. Allen himself. I was involved in a conversation with him about two years ago regarding this. Trust me, it takes a great deal of fiddling to get it all balanced and correct, and as close to 1983 standards and method as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just had a quick glance through some cards and I reckon you could work out the points for morale ,asl and sl, but anything further might be a bit too complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Badgeroonie wrote:
I've just had a quick glance through some cards and I reckon you could work out the points for morale ,asl and sl, but anything further might be a bit too complicated.

So far this is where I am at, but not getting very far.

I did not find any thing in any rules. That don't mean I have exhausted all resources yet, more eyes looking might help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thanasis louridas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have an excel file that works to almost all personality cards I checked (about 20 randomly chosen cards from all nations) with only minus differences. I have now uploaded this in the Files section. Hopefully you will see it in the coming days. Please if you have some spare time, do some checks yourselves to see if it is ok and let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lourthan wrote:
I have an excel file that works to almost all personality cards I checked (about 20 randomly chosen cards from all nations) with only minus differences. I have now uploaded this in the Files section. Hopefully you will see it in the coming days. Please if you have some spare time, do some checks yourselves to see if it is ok and let me know.

Your the guy I am looking for!!!

Will do and thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thanasis louridas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First, see on column A the morale-panic you are looking for. Then go to the relevant weapon in that line to see the points. Add 25 for SL and 20 (I think) for ASL...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lourthan wrote:
First, see on column A the morale-panic you are looking for. Then go to the relevant weapon in that line to see the points. Add 25 for SL and 20 (I think) for ASL...

Thanks bunches on the work on this, it looks like it will work quite well for what I am doing. I will go over some tonight and let you know if I find anything amiss.

Again thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember exactly where I saw these old formulas--I think they were from Relative Range an Up Front 'zine by Mike Nagel that he did for about 10 issues. And I may be completely mistaken...

Rifles, MP, Carbines, Assault Riffles, etc.: Total the FP at all ranges, multiply by factors for Morale & Panic, multiply by 0.9 for American, French and Japanese(?), 0.8 for Russian & Italian (to account for the different number of men in the standard squad). Then +20 for ASL +25 for SL (I think...)

I am not sure how DYO points other weapons were calculated: LMG, MMG's, ATR, mortars, IG's, AFV's, etc. I think that may have been SWAG's (Simply Wild Ass Guesses) on the designer's part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
rri1 wrote:
... Assault Riffles, ...

Is that a particularly aggressive kind of shuffle? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbarossa wrote:
rri1 wrote:
... Assault Riffles, ...

Is that a particularly aggressive kind of shuffle? whistle

No, it is one where the cards go shooting out at my opponent.

If I can get him to duck his head....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.