Subject: "Night of the dead" scenario and loot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Moreau
France
Antony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week, we played the Swamp of death "Night of the dead" scenario and were wondering :
Do the extra hungry deads added by the special rules count when applying loot ?

We were (un)lucky with the exploration token and only get encounters, with no attack (not once !).
So the only source of loot would have been the extra hungry deads that are added in all rooms as per the special rules, but we didn't know if that applied, so decided not to loot, leading to a very low gain in this scenario... (a few succesful scavenge, but not that much).
All in all, we lost more that we gained...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure of this either.

We play this one all the time, because it is fun and offers the most challenge, and is a great XP Grind, and we do not loot unless something else brings monsters to the board.

There is a scenario in the Targa Plateau that spawns Targa pylons on passages and it specifically says you do not collect Loot, so with the lack of that statement one could assume that you COULD collect loot.

Page 27 under loot has this statement "This also includes each instance of Enemies that were
added to the Fight by other means, such as a Darkness or
Encounter card, or the Depth Event chart."

Now the "Such as" to me means here are examples of when, but not a definitive list, so it could include other things that added enemies to a fight.

Page 21 Fights: The passage on attacks says "Attack!
The most common way for a Fight to begin is by finding an Attack Exploration Token while Exploring a Room. When
an Attack occurs, the Heroes must draw a
Threat card to see what has attacked them.
Attacks can also be caused by other things
as well, such as Darkness cards, Encounters, a
Depth Event, etc."

That is almost a redundant statement from the loot letting you know that when you add enemies by any means it triggers a fight, it also has "etc' which could include that fights are prompted by other means which could include spawning monsters like in the Night of the Dead Scenario. Then because that would spawn monsters and start a fight, you would assume you could collect loot.

Not sure though

tl;dr We don't, but I think you can

Edit: Also this should probably be in the Swamps forums, but whatever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If scenario special rules cause enemies to appear, then you do not collect loot for them. Loot is collected at the rate of one Loot card per card that placed enemies during a fight, period.

mustardayonnaiz wrote:
Page 27 under loot has this statement "This also includes each instance of Enemies that were
added to the Fight by other means, such as a Darkness or
Encounter card, or the Depth Event chart."

Now the "Such as" to me means here are examples of when, but not a definitive list, so it could include other things that added enemies to a fight.

Those "other means" only add a Loot card if they tell you to draw a Threat card, or if the card itself instructs you to add enemies to a Fight/Ambush. For example, a Darkness or Encounter card might tell you to draw a Low Threat (in this case you'd get the Loot for the Low Threat card and not for whichever card instructed you to draw it) or to get Ambushed by Tentacles. The Depth Event chart would add a Loot only if you failed your Hold Back the Darkness roll and the next space is a blood splatter that causes you to draw a Darkness card, which then initiates an Attack/Ambush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree Sebastian. I believe that the rules pretty clearly state that any effect that causes a Fight or adds Enemies to a Fight also adds a Loot card. This would include scenario effects that add enemies to a Fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Moreau
France
Antony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to agree with you. It's not how we played it, but that would made sense. The scenario special rule is a source of enemies, and all sources of enemies add a loot card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.