Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be an appropriate interpretation of stacking and sighted rules for a hex that contains units that have both fired and remained hidden.

Example: A heavy MG in a woods (heavy cover) hex and two rifles. Let's say the heavy rifle fires, it is now visible by some men a few hexes away. But what if that fired Heavy MG is not on the top of the stack? Would you automatically put it at the top? Would all units be considered sighted? Would you not be able to fire at the Heavy MG?

I'd appreciate any clarification on how to handle that type of situation.

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you turn the firing unit face down? If he fires, isn't he still visible through the opponents next turn at least?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense except for putting the unit anywhere in the stack. I guess my confusion comes in when you have a mixed stack: If you fire, do you fire at the top visible unit? If not, and the top unit in the stack is turned over, are you SOL for firing? That wouldn't make sense, since if you saw the muzzle flash, you could return fire.

Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks for walking me in the right direction and the link to the FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I did not see this post earlier.

You can only shoot at visible units. Hidden units are immune from attack. With no sighting phase all sighting is called by a player that thinks he has a unit that can see a hidden unit, once you see a target it can be attacked. With a hundred meter hex it is possible to hideout easily if you are some distance apart. Units in adjacent hexes spot automatically, unless scenario rules override the standard sighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.