Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
helo jetamy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
When play with 3 players or 4 players, in the rule, it states you must remove 6 or 2 cards, respectively, "without" looking at it.

However, it adds a lot of uncertainty more into the game as it already chaotic somehow. How do you think if we make those removed cards public? Will it make more sense? Thanks a lot for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I would never look. When we play we don't remove any cards, we just leave the extra cards 'undealt'. Starting the game with revealed information about which cards are not showing up in future deals will slightly change things. Best to just leave it alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not looking is the only way for us.

Is that the only bankruptcy card? Is 29 the higest?

Love the unkown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote of no peek. After the bidding round is done, you SHOULD know what was taken out...then the second part starts (muhahaha) when you don't know if the 15's are even in the deck.

LOVE this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Leave the excluded cards random. A fun game. Fast play and easy to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
helo jetamy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks a lot for all your input.

Tried more several three-player games, now I totally agree it's no need to change the rule. It works very well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other detail is if you're going to show the cards, you may as well strip them either off the top or bottom (i.e. 1-n or m-30), since the cards are strictly ordered anyhow.

I concur that this is a silly plan: revealing them does odd things to the game, I'd think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.