Thumb up
2 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ports, NPCs, Scouting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Schrieber
msg tools

Played a 4 player game last night, and we really enjoyed it. Enough that we'll play it again next Monday.

A couple of questions we couldn't find solid answers to are below. I have read the rules, but when these came into question, I couldn't find specific rules to support what I recalled the rules indicating. So, I think I know the answers to these, but just couldn't confirm I recalled the rule properly.

1. If you're in port, and the event card declares a war between your nation and the nation of the port you're in, does anything in particular happen at that point? We played that the player was booted out of the port immediately, thus not costing him an action to move out.

2. A Naval Ship will move towards a player that meets their Hunt Priority list, even if that player is in port. If the ship is in the sea zone that contains the port, the ship will just wait until the player moves out into the sea zone, correct?

3. Naval Ships do not enter ports, correct?

4. Multiple players can enter a port, correct? And, there's no fighting in a port.

Thanks! Again, I think we did these correctly, but I want some confirmation, so we don't learn the game incorrectly.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
1. Nope, nothing happens. The War just prevents you from entering the port. If you are already there, you're fine.

2. Correct, it won't move if the highest priority target is there.

3. Correct.

4. Correct.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.