BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Anybody know what this game is? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Ernest Gismant
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Picked up a homemade game at an estate sale but no one knew what it was called or how to play it. The board is made up with a deck of playing cards cut in half and set up on the board with the 4 kings in the middle surrounded by the aces and queens. Jokers at the four outside corners of the game board. I believe you use poker chips to put on the cards on the board. HELP! Someone must know about this game. I was told that the previous owner made the board and it was used in their motor home group and is popular with the motor home crowd. If you have any idea of what this game called or other info on how I might go about finding out how to play it please let me know. Thanks for looking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Sequence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That does sound like Sequence, but the sequence of the cards is wrong. Perhaps an over-elaborate Kings in the Corner board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Gismant
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I clicked on your link to sequence and there is a board there just like the one I have with the 4 kings in the middle. However, if you look at the board game sequence (in the box) the cards are different. Hmmm.....This is definitely a place to start. Thanks for the info. Perhaps this is a modified board of some kind as the cards are cut in half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a number of these homemade sequence boards (though I'm not 100% positive it's sequence).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The homemade version may have cut the deck in half because the real version uses two decks of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.