Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tanga [+] [View All]
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my first Tanga purchase: one copy of Oasis. The game did not come through shipping very well. The box top is split up one side. The box bottom is split up one side and has a crushed corner on another. The plastic insert tray also has some damage from the crushing.

I'm curious if others have experienced damage (meriting a note to Tanga to re-evaluate how they package games) or if I just had an unfortunate, but isolated, incident. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly how my package containing Industria arrived, but no damage to the contents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine says it came from Tanga.com LLC and there was a handful of packing "peanuts" on one side, but the game box's three other sides, top, and bottom were flush with the shipping box so pretty much any impact to the shipping box was transferred to the game box. I think that's just asking for trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Industria arrived safe and secure in a box of peanuts.

Oasis arrived unharmed but with peanuts only on one side and the bottom of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Two copies of Industria and, later, one of Oasis all arrived right when FedEx tracking said they would, surrounded by peanuts and in perfect shape. I have no complaints. I guess they could use more styrofoam peanuts, to be safer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oasis arrived in perfect shape, but as the others mentioned,peanuts
only on one side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've received a couple packages from Tanga, and neither had any damage, and both (as I recall) had packing peanuts. However, the one that I remember for sure had peanuts had very few in there. I remember thinking that they probably weren't providing much protection. However, the outer box was sturdy and all arrived safe and sound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stockdale
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inntrepid wrote:
Industria arrived safe and secure in a box of peanuts.

Oasis arrived unharmed but with peanuts only on one side and the bottom of the box.

this i exactly how mine came packed I'm really happy with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the iPod speakers and it was packed tightly with packing peanuts.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My double-Oasis box was excellently packed, with plenty of peanuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Oasis was packed well and came in perfect shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
My Oasis was ruined! The box was soaking wet and there were crushed palm fronds and camel droppings everywhere! angry

(But the game arrived fine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
My prize copy of Caylus came through fine, the box was mangled, but the game was pristine. My two copies of Oasis were ok, the box had a little damage but nothing concerning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised that my two copies of Oasis arrived fine.

The games were stacked on top of each other with a few peanuts in between. But both games were flush with the top and bottom of the box. It was only by sheer luck that I didn't slice through the center of the top game when opening the box with a knife. And luckily there was no crushing.

I would consider this packaging to be "suspect" as the thread title suggests. Because if they were all packaged this way, it's guaranteed that there will be some problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Oasis arrived in perfect condition. The packing box as well.

Oh and would it not have been better to contact Tanga with your packing concerns first and get a response?
If they address their customers' concerns properly, why start a defamatory thread like this?

They may or may not do so, but they at least deserve the chance to fix whatever's wrong before blackening their name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
It was only by sheer luck that I didn't slice through the center of the top game when opening the box with a knife.

I'd have called it sheer stupidity if you had sliced through the game box when opening the packing box with a knife. It's not a treasure chest to be hacked through with your sword -- if you don't have the manual dexterity to cut the packing tape without cutting through two layers of cardboard, you probably shouldn't be allowed to handle sharp objects anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Oasis was packed with spare copies of something called Roads and Goats...or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    My copy of Alhambra was vertical in the middle of the box, packing peanuts on both sides. Packed tightly and arrived without a scratch.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
My Oasis was ruined! The box was soaking wet and there were crushed palm fronds and camel droppings everywhere! angry

(But the game arrived fine)

disclamer wrote:
I'd have called it sheer stupidity if you had sliced through the game box when opening the packing box with a knife. It's not a treasure chest to be hacked through with your sword -- if you don't have the manual dexterity to cut the packing tape without cutting through two layers of cardboard, you probably shouldn't be allowed to handle sharp objects anyway...

This is what I need in the morning. A good chuckle from BGG to start the day!

Thanks! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two copies of Oasis yesterday. Bith in the middle of the box with a lot of peanuts. In fact, my wife hates peanuts in the house and I'm worried that she's going to get pissed if she sees a box with them in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
I got two copies of Oasis yesterday. Bith in the middle of the box with a lot of peanuts. In fact, my wife hates peanuts in the house and I'm worried that she's going to get pissed if she sees a box with them in it.

Your wife, too? Styrofoam in general is materia non grata in my house.

My box with 2 copies of Oasis in it arrived fine and the styrofoam peanuts were quickly relegated to the garage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
My box with Oasis arrived in good condition and it was well-packed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
...Oh and would it not have been better to contact Tanga with your packing concerns first and get a response?
If they address their customers' concerns properly, why start a defamatory thread like this?...

I don't think my thread was defamatory. I didn't say Tanga was a bad company or that people should avoid them. I believe I made it clear in my initial post that I was asking the question to gauge whether there is a general problem or did I just have a bit of bad luck. Sounds like the method used to pack my copy was used for others, many who had no damage but some that did and at least a few people who agree that packing a game as they did Oasis is asking for trouble. Since Now that I know a little more, I can craft my my message to them accordingly (i.e., that perhaps their standard packing method for board games is insufficient and they should consider bigger shipping boxes with packing peanuts surrounding all faces of the game box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the iPod speakers just fine, but someone stole my iPod!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
LetsGoRed wrote:
Mine says it came from Tanga.com LLC and there was a handful of packing "peanuts" on one side, but the game box's three other sides, top, and bottom were flush with the shipping box

Same here, but the game arrived just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.