Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After struggling for a week, I decided to abandon the double side counters approach. It's not worth the trouble for PNP users. I prefer to use more information markers instead. What do you think?

Here are some counter samples:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul C
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was alignment the issue with double-sided?

Did you try printing registration marks (e.g. crosshairs) on each sheet to enable alignment of multiple layers by running pins through the registration points?

Good luck with the game, I'll keep watching with interest. It's looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, alignment is the main issue. Can't stick the back sheet on the cardboard to match the front sheet precisely. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom T
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
David-

Check out what I did for a Nimitz variant.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113511/f4u-carriers-b...

It might not be perfect, but I think it makes two-sided counters doable.

I like what you are doing. I like the look, and the concept, and Y'm really looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One-sided is definitely a good thing for pnp. I avoid double-sided when I can. Not that I always fail to make the sides align well, but often enough that I prefer to not risk it, if the game can be designed to work well with just one side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few tries, I finally get some skills at double side counter alignment. No perfect match but it's acceptable. Will do the double side counters for each nation, probably one sheet per nation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.