Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: BGGcon 2015 W&G rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicole Hoye
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I love playing pretty much anything except war games! I'll try 'em all.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks! I'm super excited, because this will be my first BGGcon! I am going to be attending with my other half, Adam. I'd love to know who from W&G will be attending, and perhaps have some sort of mini-meetup.

Looking forward to meeting some of you there!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Tis the season of BGG.CON
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I am going! Glad you get to come this year to BGG. It is tons of fun.

I have arranged a Pink Meeple meet-up for the W&G the past two years and hope to again for 2015.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Hoye
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I love playing pretty much anything except war games! I'll try 'em all.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome Haha, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself getting excited this early seeing as a lot of folks will have GenCon, Origins, Essen to fill the gaps before BGGcon.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dj sabor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iheartmuseums wrote:
That is awesome Haha, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself getting excited this early seeing as a lot of folks will have GenCon, Origins, Essen to fill the gaps before BGGcon.


I should let you know sometime when I'm TO.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going! (if everything goes as planned)

Had great fun with the pink meeple meet-up last time!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Tis the season of BGG.CON
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iheartmuseums wrote:
That is awesome Haha, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself getting excited this early seeing as a lot of folks will have GenCon, Origins, Essen to fill the gaps before BGGcon.



No such thing as being to excited. 8) Some of the pink meeples were talking at BGG.CON 2014. We were thinking of 1 big meet-up and possible daily chances to meet up as well.

Plus, I think we might try to "SKYPE" in a game or two with overseas "Pink Meeples". Such as
Kerrin Addis
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
.

So, now is a great time to be excited and start planning. Who knows maybe we could start a Pink Meeple meet-up at other Conventions in between. THAT would be Awesome!



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a great time! I got a chance to attend my first gaming convention last year (Dice Tower Con) and had a wonderful time. Enjoy the experience!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:

Plus, I think we might try to "SKYPE" in a game or two with overseas "Pink Meeples".


This sounds VERY interesting!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly won't be there this year
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valarie
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider, is chaos for the fly.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to figure out if I want to go this year or not. I was so bummed because I missed last year, but I don't like attending things like this by myself, and I fear my Girl Spawn has lost a lot of the interest she had in Board Games and wouldn't want to go the whole time. I have a few days to decide I think....although, that sold out percentage keeps getting higher.

I decided to purchase my/the Girl Spawn's tickets. I hope a meetup gets planned because that would be great.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janelle Cooper
United States
Mound Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extaordinary destiny." C.S. Lewis
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
t0urniquet wrote:
I have been trying to figure out if I want to go this year or not. I was so bummed because I missed last year, but I don't like attending things like this by myself, and I fear my Girl Spawn has lost a lot of the interest she had in Board Games and wouldn't want to go the whole time. I have a few days to decide I think....although, that sold out percentage keeps getting higher.

I decided to purchase my/the Girl Spawn's tickets. I hope a meetup gets planned because that would be great.


The Pink Meeples are planning on meeting I believe, and there will be the W&G BGG.CON Scholarship Group there as well, possibly with 2/3 US & 1/3 International participants. Few are still in need of a few "alternates" in case people's plans fall through for personal or family reasons or WWIII breaks out in Europe. We have eight cozy shared women's dorm-style sleeping spots in two rooms of the convention hotel and eight bought-and-paid-for registrations...
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valarie
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider, is chaos for the fly.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mom4rmhell wrote:
t0urniquet wrote:
I have been trying to figure out if I want to go this year or not. I was so bummed because I missed last year, but I don't like attending things like this by myself, and I fear my Girl Spawn has lost a lot of the interest she had in Board Games and wouldn't want to go the whole time. I have a few days to decide I think....although, that sold out percentage keeps getting higher.

I decided to purchase my/the Girl Spawn's tickets. I hope a meetup gets planned because that would be great.


The Pink Meeples are planning on meeting I believe, and there will be the W&G BGG.CON Scholarship Group there as well, possibly with 2/3 US & 1/3 International participants. Few are still in need of a few "alternates" in case people's plans fall through for personal or family reasons or WWIII breaks out in Europe. We have eight cozy shared women's dorm-style sleeping spots in two rooms of the convention hotel and eight bought-and-paid-for registrations...


Very cool. I can't wait to meet the W&G ladies!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.