GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,067 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Applying a grid to board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks and game geeks. I'm working on some of the final touches to my board game. That currently involves putting a white line grid on the board that will be 18x18 inches. Squares will be 1x1 so there are 18 squares in each direction.

I'm having bookoo problems figuring out how to do this. Yes I'm not very tech savvy so if there any cool apps out there or tricks, I would love to learn them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

You have this board in soft copy, or hard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now it's in digital art format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the software you want to use. If you can wait until mid next week, I can do this for you (having a big exam on Tuesday...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaxyZento wrote:
Right now it's in digital art format?

What are you using to generate the art?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well guys. I use Photo xplosion and Photoshop. But now I have a friend who's tackling it for me. Thanks and I'll be in touch if help still needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you ever have to DIY, get a program like Paint Shop Pro (much cheaper than PhotoShop but not all the features) that supports "Layers". One layer for your board art, an overlay layer with your grid. If you setup the transparency right on the grid voi la (and if transparency is too hard sometimes you can find a .PNG or other image file on the internet already done for you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nunn
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or of you want to stick with Adobe products for some reason, Illustrator is ideal for adding a grid atop another image.

crazybyzantine wrote:
In case you ever have to DIY, get a program like Paint Shop Pro (much cheaper than PhotoShop but not all the features) that supports "Layers". One layer for your board art, an overlay layer with your grid. If you setup the transparency right on the grid voi la (and if transparency is too hard sometimes you can find a .PNG or other image file on the internet already done for you).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.