Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Doyle
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently pledged at the Mass Hysteria level & trying to finalize my pledge amount. Some of the Add-Ons are a bit confusing, so I wanted to get some clarification from some of you that might have more knowledge.

Impossible Mode

Slimer & Idulnas - $12
4 Boogaloo Manifestations - $12
10 Gruesome Twosomes - $15
10 Galloping Ghouls - $15
Ghost Bundle - $15 (5 ghouls, 3 twosomes, 1 boogaloo)

My thoughts on Impossible Mode are that you'd probably want to go all or nothing, which would be $69. My question is do I really need the Ghost Bundle if I'm already getting the other 4 Impossible Mode packages? Do some scenarios require those extra ghosts?

Baddies

Pack 1 (Zuul, Gozer, Vinz Clortho & Grey Lady) - $15
Pack 2 (Boogieman, Samhain, Ivo Shandor, Walter Peck) - $15

Both of these packages are confusing to me. Since they are unique characters, why would you need more than 1? Has there been any information released that justifies this, or is this intended as extras for collecting purposes?

Tiles

Shandor Building - $5
Library - $5
Additional Set of Base Game - $12

At the Mass Hysteria level, I don't see any reason to need either of these. Shandor Building & Library are already free as Stretch Goals, but maybe the Additional Base Game tiles would be good for custom scenarios?

Ghosts

10 Gruesome Twosomes - $15
10 Galloping Ghouls - $15
Ghost Bundle - $15 (5 ghouls, 3 twosomes, 1 boogaloo)
5 Zombie Taxi Drivers - $10
5 Spawn of Cthulu - $10

I understand the extra Gruesome Twosomes & Galloping Ghouls have unique scenarios with them, which might be worth having. My question, similar to the Impossible Mode, is do I really need the Ghost Bundle if I'm buying those other 2 packages? I think the Zombie Taxi Drivers are worth the purchase, as they are unique. I don't see a value in Spawn of Cthulu though, as they're given as Stretch Goal & the Add-On doesn't seem to come with an extra scenario or anything different.

Ghostbusters

GB Primed for Painting - $10
Spectral Ghostbusters - $12
"New" Ghostbusters Primed - $12

I'll be getting the primed Ghostbusters to paint & use with Zombicide. The Spectral also looks pretty cool as it appears they come out as ghosts you can fight against. Personally not interested in the "New" package though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impossible Mode: You shouldn't need the bundle. The bundle is basically an option for people who just want the Impossible Mode cards for those 3 ghost types, but do not want to shuck out $42 for each individual set of the 3 IM ghosts.

Baddies: This seems to be strictly for resellers or for people who want to pick them up for friends

Tiles: Could come in handy if you want to make your own scenarios, but are not necessary for anything that comes with/is currently supported by the game.

Ghosts:
If you are getting the 10x IM Gruesome Twosome and 10x IM Galloping Ghouls, you do not need to buy the blue versions. You will be able to print a PDF of their scenarios from CZE's website when the game is near launch. You only need the quantity of them to be able to play their scenarios.

The Zombie Taxi Driver's do give you additional contect, so I'd recommend getting them if you want more replayability.

The Spawn of Cathulhu are similar to the extra tiles. You can use them in your own scenarios, but you will not need them for anything CZE has announced.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Severe
msg tools
I'm getting the Mass Hysteria.

For full game-play options I'm getting an Impossible Mode Boss and Bundle set, so that I have all their "special" cards.

I'm also getting the spectral ghostbusters and taxi drivers as they are unique ghosts only available here in this kickstarter.

If you want to add another ghost bundle, I'd do the multi-pack of normals, because with the IM bundle and the Normal bundle, you get your extra 10 GG and GTs, and you can just ignore the color, OR you can make the new scenarios more interesting.

Note, the new scenarios have been talked about, and so far there is no "official" card or sheet/rulebook that will have them, you'll have to print them later closer to the release date.

I'm also getting another Tobin's spirit guide, just in case its never offered again, and I want to be able to store more ghost/scenarios than the free one fits.

So total I'm spending is $210 (because I am getting the $16 US shipping.)

Hope that helps you decide? Though ultimately you'll have to sit and ponder out what you want on your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Doyle
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! You've both been a big help. Based on the additional info, here's what I added:

Impossible Mode Slimer & Idulnas - $12
Impossible Mode Ghost Bundle - $15
Standard Ghost Bundle - $15
Zombie Taxi Drivers - $10
Spectral Ghostbusters - $12
Primed Ghostbusters - $10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Taylor
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I ended up with $205.

Mass Hysteria
Taxi Drivers
Spectral Ghostbusters
IM Slimer and Idulnas
IM Ghost Bundle (x2)

I figure that should give me what I need for all the scenarios and I can always reuse the IM ghosts as regular ones if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 680129. loofmodnar
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:08 am
Jeremy T

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmb
Ju66ernaut wrote:
Impossible Mode: You shouldn't need the bundle. The bundle is basically an option for people who just want the Impossible Mode cards for those 3 ghost types, but do not want to shuck out $42 for each individual set of the 3 IM ghosts.

I got the IM bundle. I don't care about the IM bosses, I can just print their cards off and use the normal blue bosses. I got the bundle because it's a nice option to be able to play normal ghosts and a few IM ones in the same game and be able to tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.