United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
This game has also caught my attention (Thanks Keith for tapping me on Facebook!) and looks quite cool. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, but just a quick one for now: are these going to be the approximate 10-15mm (or 1/72) scale that many other of your older dudes-on-a-map games have been, or are you going with larger figs? Can't wait to see pictures, and check out the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
This game has also caught my attention (Thanks Keith for tapping me on Facebook!) and looks quite cool. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions, but just a quick one for now: are these going to be the approximate 10-15mm (or 1/72) scale that many other of your older dudes-on-a-map games have been, or are you going with larger figs? Can't wait to see pictures, and check out the kickstarter.

These are bigger than any figs that we did at Eagle. We are going 25mm (foot to eye) for humans. The other races are obviously relative to that. We wanted the player to have the ability to see all of the great detail on the sculpts, but still be able to have a good number of the figs on the map board without it being too crowded (thus we didn't go with a more epic scale like 32mm). I think that the balance works quite well on the big map.

When an army gets very large (usually one per player), we are including a player matt that can act as a 'holding area' for the player's main army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A box full of ~25mm figs? Totally rad! 25mm foot-to-eye should look pretty good up against most of my (rather absurdly large) collection of similar figs.

I do recall some regions in Napoleon in Europe and War! AoI could get quite crowded, so a separate army mat is appreciated. Stretch goal flag bearers to mark where that army is, I presume?

Will the map be modular, to scale up or down with player number changes?

Looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing that there is going to be a battle board element to this game like Napoleon in Europe, but bigger and different mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm envisioning this correctly, the Foot figures will be about the size of War of the Ring human infantry? Mounted troops will be pretty sizeable, then.

What will the board dimensions be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
If I'm envisioning this correctly, the Foot figures will be about the size of War of the Ring human infantry? Mounted troops will be pretty sizeable, then.

What will the board dimensions be?

A good point. If they're kept to the approximate size of the War of the Ring figures, it could be manageable. Especially with something like plastic poker chips stacked underneath for dupe figs. But if they're much bigger (I'm also thinking about fantasy monsters: dragons, giants, etc. Will they make an appearance) the board could get hard to manage fast. This was a big issue in early Eagle Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
msg tools
publisher
Thanks for the questions and interest!

The box as it stands right now is 14" x 18" with a six panel board cut down slightly to fit - so just less than 36" x 42".

The battleboard is available as a pre-order special for retailers at the GAMA Trade show (going on now) and is slotted as a kickstarter stretch reward (hopefully to be unlocked). The battleboard is NOT necessary for combat.

We are posting pictures on the twitter account - warquestgame and on the warquestboardgame facebook page. We will be continuing to upload pictures here on BGG, but those updates happen much faster.

So far the response to what we have has been outstanding! We are very excited to be bringing WarQuest to life.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
l4studios wrote:

We are posting pictures on the twitter account - warquestgame and on the warquestboardgame facebook page. We will be continuing to upload pictures here on BGG, but those updates happen much faster.

Thanks for the updates! Please consider posting here a session report, a summary of the rules, or more details. Facebook and Twitter aren't great platforms for a deeper understanding of gameplay, or other examples. Photos do take longer, but putting those here would also be great.

I much prefer the geek over facebook and twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takacs Gyorgy
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmb
As 32mm and 20mm/1:72 have wider gamer bases, going with either could make a wider support for the game itself. Many miniature gamer buy board games just for the miniatures. But if they would be too large or too small for their collection, I'd hesitate to buy them unless I see them in life to compare them to mine.
Going for a smaller scale is also a safer route in my experience. 1:72 scale fantasy miniatures are often used for 32mm gaming (especially creatures), but 32mm minis are usually way too big for anything but giant monsters for 1:72 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.