Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drinking Coffee
Canada
Niagara
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For example, I am adjacent to a keep on a hill space. Do I need to pay 3 movement before I go into combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your example, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because to attack a keep, you have to enter the space the keep is in.

Rampaging enemies (orcs and draconum that were placed on the map because of a 'rampage' icon on a tile, not a site icon like a keep) can be attacked from adjacent spaces. You do not have to move into their space, and so do not have to pay move points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinking Coffee
Canada
Niagara
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thumbs up, guys!

One side question: Can I move into a town, recruit a unit, then move again with more cards? Do those movement points stay in a "pool" of unused points until the end of the turn?

I guess I am just confused about which actions basically end your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a move phase, then an action phase.

There's very little you can do during your move phase except

1) Move
2) Explore with move points
3) Play cards (or skills, or unit abilities) with a 'move' icon on them or a 'play anytime' icon

If you want to do anything other than that, you have to say "my move phase is over; now I have my one Action for the turn".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Once a site is activated, you can't move at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you can also heal during your move. Still, it's not like there's a long list of things you can do while moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I guess you can also heal during your move. Still, it's not like there's a long list of things you can do while moving.
Well, you can do "plenty" of things: apart from moving effects and healing ones, you can play any special effect (the ones with a cross symbol): you can decompose a card, provoke a mana storm, call some unit to glory, meditate, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinking Coffee
Canada
Niagara
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
Well, you can do "plenty" of things: apart from moving effects and healing ones, you can play any special effect (the ones with a cross symbol): you can decompose a card, provoke a mana storm, call some unit to glory, meditate, etc.

I don't know what any of those things are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decompose: Advance Action that allows to throw away an action card for crystals.

Mana Storm: An AA that allows you to gain a crystal and reroll a die or reroll the source and use 3 dice more.

Call to Glory: Spell that allows you to recruit a unit for free.

Meditate: A spell that allows to take 2 cards from your discard pile, put them in your deck, and draw 2 cards more.

Anyway, there are a lot of actions (crystallize, for instance), advanced actions, spells or artifacts with the cross symbol. They can be played during the movement (or in any other part of the turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinking Coffee
Canada
Niagara
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. I never knew what the relevance of those symbols were. Now they make sense. I am glad you pointed that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
grasa_total wrote:
Rampaging enemies (orcs and draconum that were placed on the map because of a 'rampage' icon on a tile, not a site icon like a keep) can be attacked from adjacent spaces. You do not have to move into their space, and so do not have to pay move points.

To clarify: You can never move into a space containing one of these monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
Well, you can do "plenty" of things: apart from moving effects and healing ones, you can play any special effect (the ones with a cross symbol):

I guess erring on the side of pickiness is a good idea. So let me rephrase: There is not a long list of different rules about what you can do during the move phase. You can move, heal, and use effects with the 'anytime' symbol. It's true that the last item on the list gives you access to a wide variety of effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I guess erring on the side of pickiness is a good idea. So let me rephrase: There is not a long list of different rules about what you can do during the move phase. You can move, heal, and use effects with the 'anytime' symbol. It's true that the last item on the list gives you access to a wide variety of effects.

You can also (in the updated rules that come with Lost Legions) play any Influence cards and get any effects that they generate (that are usable in that phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.