Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we had a game last night that hung up completely. There were 4 of us, and after several rounds, our hands were:
1. 3 bid cards.
2. 1 bid card (and the brain).
3. 2 bid cards, 3 job cards, all requiring the brain.
4. 6 job cards, all requiring the brain.

Now, we could not find a way to proceed, and it was kind of awkward (for me, as I had brought the game). Was this a freak case, does this happen a lot with this game, or did we do something wrong? I couldn't find anything in the rules addressing it.

Thanks.

Antonio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr.Baggins wrote:
Now, we could not find a way to proceed,

You missed a rule.
When it's your turn, and you don't (can't) play a card, you draw a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
Mr.Baggins wrote:
Now, we could not find a way to proceed,

You missed a rule.

You know, you're right blush I'll see if I can take the mocking and convince them to try it again (we did have fun, it was only the ending that left that "awkward" thing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the rule that, if the brain's on the floor and nobody bids, everyone draws a card, then another round of bidding happens.

Just another one to avoid stalemates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:

The other option under Loafing is to discard your hand and draw that number of cards plus one, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone's responses are correct, but to tie them together, review the rules for a Loafing Turn.

If you cannot play any cards on your turn you must take a Loafing Turn. You may also freely choose to take a Loafing Turn. (For example, you might have only one playable card and it hurts you more than it helps. Also, some Object cards may only be moved by taking a Loafing turn.)

During a Loafing Turn, you must choose to either draw one new card, or discard your entire hand and draw the as many cards as you discarded plus one more. Either way, you'll end up with one more card than you had.

It's a goofy, very random game, but it's certainly not broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.