Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I just recently purchased a couple of Hobby Lobby wooden cases and Broken Token vertical inserts for my collection storage.

Might anyone have a recommendation for an online printing resource, who can print and cut the divider cards on high quality card stock?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also bought the artist box and vertical inserts, I'm waiting on the inserts to arrive any day now.

The dividers I used are amazing. thanks Thoran! https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/103472/vertical-themed-di...

I simply called my local print shop (not the one formally known as Kinkos - they are overpriced and have thin card stock) and they printed them for me at .65 a sheet on 80 lb card stock. I printed almost every divider and the total was less than $17.

It sounds like you want them cut out for you though. I'm sure that your local shop would do that for you for a charge, but if you cut them out yourself, it's not terribly time consuming.

I laminated mine. My SO picked up a cheap laminater that has come in handy for lots of our games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much Rebecca! Coincidently I plan on using the exact same dividers, and likewise my inserts and cases are due any day now. Can't wait to get it all organized. I'll check with my local printer options and see what they can do. Thanks also for the laminating suggestion, I think I will do that as well. Enjoy your new, beautifully organized storage!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a color printer at home but your printed ones look much better than mine. I'm sure a print shop has a better printer than I do. Yours look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffeeRunner wrote:

I did the same. If I can ask, why did you cut out the cards before laminating them (and then presumably cutting them out again)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you laminate after cutting the cards each card will be sealed on 4 sides

If you laminate without cutting it out first and cut afterwards you won't have a sealed laminated edge on the card .It will have open edges and the laminated plastic will have to stick to the top and bottom layer

I would suggest cutting before it will make the seal stronger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenclix wrote:
Thank you so much Rebecca! Coincidently I plan on using the exact same dividers, and likewise my inserts and cases are due any day now. Can't wait to get it all organized. I'll check with my local printer options and see what they can do. Thanks also for the laminating suggestion, I think I will do that as well. Enjoy your new, beautifully organized storage!

We shall be box twins! Are you going to store your player cards in the boxes or in binders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for recommending using a local printer. My dividers are being made now on nice 16pt card stock, my Broken Token inserts arrive today and the Hobby Lobby cases tomorrow. I'll have a wonderful OCD gamer weekend getting it all meticulously set up.

I sleeve all may cards (in the FFG LoTR sleeves), so no binders for me. I love deck building, but I dislike sleeving/unlseeving cards over and over, so I just sleeve them all.

I'll be using one box for player cards and one for encounter cards. I'm thinking about getting both cases stained and/or engraved as well, if I can find a good local source for that.

Lots of fun. Enjoy your set-up also. Let me know how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Dove wrote:
I have a color printer at home but your printed ones look much better than mine. I'm sure a print shop has a better printer than I do. Yours look great.

Thanks! The lamination process really helps make the colors pop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenclix wrote:
Thanks again for recommending using a local printer. My dividers are being made now on nice 16pt card stock, my Broken Token inserts arrive today and the Hobby Lobby cases tomorrow. I'll have a wonderful OCD gamer weekend getting it all meticulously set up.
I'm thinking about getting both cases stained and/or engraved as well, if I can find a good local source for that.

Engraving and or staining the artist box is a great idea! Please post pics of what you create.

This game begs for practical storage otherwise it can be unwieldy.
No reason to stop once its organized though! Its so worthy of the deluxe treatment.

We're really enjoying the hobby within the hobby. I've even taken to snapping glamour shots to post on BGG. So nice to have a place to show off my favorite hobby

Here is a pic of my first action figure I bought as an adult, an orc and warg I use to guard the encounter deck. Hopefully I can get more figures for staging, like Gandalf - gotta have a Gandalf!

Also in the pic are some beads to replace the tokens that we got from Michael's. They turned out even better than expected. We each keep our own little supply. They're flat and heavy for their size (10mm) so we're able to just slide them up and off the cards as needed.

I look forward to updates on your project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much. My printer recommended not laminating the dividers as he felt they would not seal properly on a 16pt card stock. I hope they turn out okay, but I trust his professional judgement.

I also am enjoying the hobby within the game, not just playing but trying to add as much texture and ceremony to the process as well. I've started using distinct tokens to indicate ready/exhausted status (instead of rotating the cards), quest participation and attack/defense. I play slowly and deliberately, reading each card, applying or removing the appropriate tokens at each step and organizing the play area very methodically. At the end of a game (win or lose) I sometimes don't want to put the cards away as the playing field is covered with carefully placed cards that practically tell a story as you look down at them.

I hate to plagarize but I love the idea of adorning the play area with LotR figures. I may have to try that myself. Lastly, I just saw today on Etsy some gorgeous leather maps of Middle Earth that I thought would make an outstanding play mat.

I'm sure this all sounds a bit crazy, but I find the more thought and effort I put into the game the more enjoyment I get out of it. I'll post my pics when I have it all together if you'll please keep doing the same.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You want some examples of adorning the play area with LotR figures!? Then check out Zwerg's epic LEGO sessions:

Passage Through Mirkwood

He then tops that amazing session report with this one:
Journey Down the Anduin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"My God, it's full of stars!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
You want some examples of adorning the play area with LotR figures!? Then check out Zwerg's epic LEGO sessions:

Passage Through Mirkwood

He then tops that amazing session report with this one:
Journey Down the Anduin

Wow, thanks for linking Zwerg's epic LEGO sessions. While admiring his sessions it dawned on me that this game offers customization opportunities that can only begin with deck building. And GeckoTH's templates, those are such an amazing resource. Could there be a better way to customize than to create an encounter? So inspiring, something I'm interested in - and with these templates all I have to do is plug in my ideas and print, so cool.

Solid game + endearing theme + customization galore + supportive and contributing community = whatever you want it to be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.