Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Andersen
Denmark
Valby
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m looking for the rules for the first edition of this game. A copy will do, as long as it´s readable.

I played the second edition long ago and found it really fun at the time and a whole lot more strategic than any of GWs other games. I liked the epic scale, taking objectives, crushing buildings with titans and rushing forth with hundreds of men.

The reason I want the first edition rules is that they were slightly more complicated and seemed inspired by more advanced wargames like (Advanced) Squad Leader and the likes. I would like to cook up a generic rules system, that will enable large scale battles and campaigns with cardboard markers instead of miniatures. The ambition is to create a system worthy of the world of W40k that will cost absolutely nothing (download all the warlord titan markers you want!) and satisfy my own and hopefully others need to do serious, strategic gaming within this dark and thrilling universe.

So, I thought I´d check out the old rules for inspiration.

Anybody?

- Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
I can probably accommodate this request, but I don't have a scanner so it'd have to be sent to you by snail-mail. PM me your address if you want and I'll see what I can do. I'll have to dig the game out of storage, so it may take a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Andersen
Denmark
Valby
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be swell (I assume you´ll just make a photo copy, no?). How do I pay for the expenses for shipping? Maybe I can pay you in geek gold?

- Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be better off looking at NetEpic - an internet-based fan project to keep second edition Space Marine alive, taking the best from first and second editions.

Personally I thought that the original Adeptus Titanicus giant robot battle game was excellent; Space Marine was a confused mess (either on its own or in combination with the titans); Second edition was scarcely any better; but the series hit the bullseye with "Epic 40k" (which took the models of the first two editions and added a sensible, understandable game of manouvre to the impressive visuals; possibly the best "proper" wargame that GW ever produced; of course, the existing Epic and 40k fans all hated it).

Of course, 4th edition Epic (Epic Armageddon) haas been out long enough to be thoroughtly discontinued now; with no sign that GW will return to the scale, it represents the "final evolution" of all the designers' thoughts and experiences. Me, I've got it somewhere on my shelves, but I never got around to actually playing a game. I confess to having played Epic 40k a few times, but my real enthusiasm was for the miniatures, background and concepts, rather than actaully playing the game (at last count, I could field the best part of an entire "Chapter" of Space Marines, all nicely painted; never did get around to painting any opponents for them, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pierrot pierts
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello everyone.

I'm looking for the rules printed in White dwarf 181, 182, 185, 187, and 191: Razorbacks, Knights housholds, Chimera assault, imperial air power, et Ordinatus.

If anybody could help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
yaabal wrote:
hello everyone.

I'm looking for the rules printed in White dwarf 181, 182, 185, 187, and 191: Razorbacks, Knights housholds, Chimera assault, imperial air power, et Ordinatus.

If anybody could help...

Are you still looking for these? Because I have a scan which I can email...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Broche
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I am looking for the rules for the second edition. I only played it once back in 1994/95, and left it to a friend of mine who lost the rule book...
Now that I have enough room to play, I would like to test it anew, but it seems there is no where to find the rules...
Ideally, I would prefer the French rules, but English ones would do fair enough!
Thanks a lot!

Sylvain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Andersen
Denmark
Valby
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NetEpic is simply a better and more expanded version of the 2nd edition rules. It seems a lot of hard work and love was put into them, so don't hesitate to try them.

You can find the NetEpic rules, army lists and much more here:

http://www.netepic.org/netepic.html

It's all in english though I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Broche
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice!
I already downloaded these rules, but it would be fine if I could catch up with the "original" French rules... Anyway, I'll try these... One day or the other!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Kelvis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, am looking for a copy of the First Edition rules... any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kelvis wrote:
I, too, am looking for a copy of the First Edition rules... any ideas?

From 1989? Geekmail me your email address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ealabhan wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for the rules for the second edition. I only played it once back in 1994/95, and left it to a friend of mine who lost the rule book...
Now that I have enough room to play, I would like to test it anew, but it seems there is no where to find the rules...
Ideally, I would prefer the French rules, but English ones would do fair enough!
Thanks a lot!

Sylvain.

Sorry, I missed your post. Are you after the 1991 Space Marine or the 1994 Titan legions rules? Anyway, Geekmail me your email address

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.