J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Human Torch "Flame on" While human torch is active he deals one damage to a character or player each time you field a character. (Not 1 damage per die).

So is all this saying is that no matter how many human torch dice you have out the damage is only ONE per fielded character? I figure that is the case but it is oddly worded.

----------

2. Juggernaut "Unstoppable" Once per turn you may move one of your sidekicks to your used pile to give juggernaut +4A & +4D.

Can you do this on your opponents turn? Can you move a sidekick to your used pile with juggernauts ability after you assigned that sidekick to block?

----------

3. Marvel Girl "Superhero" While marvel girl is paired up, when she or her partner attacks, you may spin down one non-heroic character and gain 1 life.

So this applies to your opponents non-heroic characters as well right since it doesn't specify?

----------

4. Does an attacker still deal damage in any form if their blocker is removed before damage is applied? I ask because of the thrown car action card where excess damage beyond a blockers defense actually damages your opponent.

So would the removed blocker have zero defense and the attackers full attack goes through, or does the attacker just not do any damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: List of Questions.
evilnox wrote:
1. Human Torch "Flame on" While human torch is active he deals one damage to a character or player each time you field a character. (Not 1 damage per die).

So is all this saying is that no matter how many human torch dice you have out the damage is only ONE per fielded character? I figure that is the case but it is oddly worded.
Yes.
Quote:
2. Juggernaut "Unstoppable" Once per turn you may move one of your sidekicks to your used pile to give juggernaut +4A & +4D.

Can you do this on your opponents turn?
Of course.
Quote:
Can you move a sidekick to your used pile with juggernauts ability after you assigned that sidekick to block?
Sure
Quote:
3. Marvel Girl "Superhero" While marvel girl is paired up, when she or her partner attacks, you may spin down one non-heroic character and gain 1 life.

So this applies to your opponents non-heroic characters as well right since it doesn't specify?
Correct
Quote:
4. Does an attacker still deal damage in any form if their blocker is removed before damage is applied? I ask because of the thrown car action card where excess damage beyond a blockers defense actually damages your opponent.

So would the removed blocker have zero defense and the attackers full attack goes through, or does the attacker just not do any damage?
Thrown car's ability to do the extra damage to the opponent is now known as "Overcrush", and "If an attacker with Overcrush attacks and the blocker is removed or KO’d (by a Global Ability or action for example) and has no other blockers, all damage would be dealt to the opponent’s life."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct
2. Hmm. I don't think so, but I'm not sure about this.
3. I'm going to say no. When you can manipulate your opponent's dice, the rules will specifically say such. Not saying means keep your hands to yourself.
4. It is as if the attack hadn't been blocked. One Wolverine (I forget which, but I think it is in Uncanny) deals damage to the blocker before he actually attacks. If this damage is sufficient to knock out the blocker, he deals damage to the player instead. This should be across the board.

Hopefully this helps and everyone else doesn't disagree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add on that in a normal case without trample, a blocked creature, even after the blocker is removed, deals no damage to the opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJRMY wrote:
1. Correct
3. I'm going to say no. When you can manipulate your opponent's dice, the rules will specifically say such. Not saying means keep your hands to yourself.
4. It is as if the attack hadn't been blocked. One Wolverine (I forget which, but I think it is in Uncanny) deals damage to the blocker before he actually attacks. If this damage is sufficient to knock out the blocker, he deals damage to the player instead. This should be across the board.

I disagree with most of it though. The other guy was right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, is there any place I can see this "overcrush" ruling or rewrite or whatever it is by chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heisey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
TheJRMY wrote:
1. Correct

I disagree with most of it though. The other guy was right.

Disagree with most but agree with the other guy? We are in 50% agreement. And I acknowledged my unsure ness on the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJRMY wrote:

4.One Wolverine (I forget which, but I think it is in Uncanny) deals damage to the blocker before he actually attacks. If this damage is sufficient to knock out the blocker, he deals damage to the player instead. This should be across the board.

This is wrong isn't it? That even though they got knocked out, they still block the attack. It's what the FAQ says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
Thank you very much, is there any place I can see this "overcrush" ruling or rewrite or whatever it is by chance?
Of course, the link is right here: Official Rules Forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
TheJRMY wrote:

4.One Wolverine (I forget which, but I think it is in Uncanny) deals damage to the blocker before he actually attacks. If this damage is sufficient to knock out the blocker, he deals damage to the player instead. This should be across the board.

This is wrong isn't it? That even though they got knocked out, they still block the attack. It's what the FAQ says.
You are right. If an attacker is blocked, and something happens to the blocker, the attacker is still blocked, and does nothing to the opponent... unless the attacker has Overcrush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wolverine he is referring too is attacking a Character NOT attacking the opponent. When you assign to attack you are typically assigning to attack your opponent, who can then block the damage. When you use the OP Wolverine you are actually targeting a Character not your opponent. Any damage done above that characters defense value is moot point, unless you also have him with trample / overcrush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.