Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?» Forums » General

Subject: Beta Testers Needed for Labyrinth AI Companion App for the iPad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Labyrinth AI is ready for beta testing!

It's been 8 months in the making and my Labyrinth companion app for the iPad is ready for the initial round of beta testing. The app plays the Jihadist bot and eliminates the need to follow flowcharts.

Here is a short video demo of the app:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1386744528309905&l=4982...

Requirements are an iPad 2 or greater, iPad Air or greater for optimal performance.

To install, you will need to download Apple's free TestFlight app to your device.

If interested, please PM me with your email address.
16 
 Thumb up
2.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
Lille
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks great !

Any chance that it comes to android in a near future ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toooooof wrote:
It looks great !

Any chance that it comes to android in a near future ?


Yes! The days of ignoring android are over.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
Lille
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
toooooof wrote:
It looks great !

Any chance that it comes to android in a near future ?


Yes! The days of ignoring android are over.


Nice !
And how near is this future ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toooooof wrote:
It looks great !

Any chance that it comes to android in a near future ?


I don't do droids.

This is an iPad only app.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Cannone
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Oh yeah!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Bocaling
United States
Hayward
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks interesting although current real life issues prevent me from being a tester. If you do decide to put it up in the iTunes app store, please let us know!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Auton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
@OP - you have PM.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am possibly interested - what sort of time commitment are you looking for? What all is involved?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreat2 wrote:
I am possibly interested - what sort of time commitment are you looking for? What all is involved?


This is the initial beta release so I'm trying to identify any bugs, design flaws, or rule errors. Any additional feedback like new feature suggestions or improvement in the user experience is welcomed.

In short I'd like people to play the game at their own pace and tell me what they think of it and/or identify what they find wrong.

One caveat, Apple only allows a beta build to be valid for 30 days, after that you need to download a new build. Apple's TestFlight app controls this process and allows you to send test results directly to me. It also allows me to notify testers when new builds are ready, provide latest patch notes, instructions, etc.

Ideally I'd like a couple of hardcore gamers familiar with Labyrinth to verify that the Jihadist AI is following the flowchart correctly and that I've implemented the rules correctly.

Different people have different skill sets so the more people testing, the better the outcome.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Auton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Not sure where to post issues - but I thought here is good as anywhere.

Unable to move back '10' cards
New game
Press Play
When dealing 9 cards you can not use the > to go back 10 cards. The button is simply never enabled.

You can move forward / backwards via scrolling 1 card fine though.

I'll continue to try out the reserves... looking good so far !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
autonm wrote:
Not sure where to post issues - but I thought here is good as anywhere.

Unable to move back '10' cards
New game
Press Play
When dealing 9 cards you can not use the > to go back 10 cards. The button is simply never enabled.

You can move forward / backwards via scrolling 1 card fine though.

I'll continue to try out the reserves... looking good so far !

FYI You can send feedback directly to me via the TestFlight App. Tap on the app and there will be a "Send Feedback" button on top of the "what to test" section.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owsley wrote:
autonm wrote:
Not sure where to post issues - but I thought here is good as anywhere.

Unable to move back '10' cards
New game
Press Play
When dealing 9 cards you can not use the > to go back 10 cards. The button is simply never enabled.

You can move forward / backwards via scrolling 1 card fine though.

I'll continue to try out the reserves... looking good so far !

FYI You can send feedback directly to me via the FlightTest App. Tap on the app and there will be a "Send Feedback" button on top of the "what to test" section.


I was wondering too where to send feed-back.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kiertscher
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
Weltenbeherrscher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have already thought about legal issues? I bet the rights to sell this game or do other stuff with it is in the hands of volko or gmt? I am interested in this question because I am also thinking about an implementation for the pc as a hobby project;-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiertscher wrote:
Do you have already thought about legal issues? I bet the rights to sell this game or do other stuff with it is in the hands of volko or gmt? I am interested in this question because I am also thinking about an implementation for the pc as a hobby project;-)


I haven't crossed that bridge yet. I realize that GMT owns the copyright of the boardgame and Apple has very strict guidelines regarding the app store. I do, however, own the rights to my computer code. That aside, I started this app as a way to help myself play the game solo and remove any potential mistakes I might make. Somewhere in the development process I thought other fans of the game might find it helpful and you always need beta testers with any app.

I don't intend to charge for the app. The fact that you need to buy a copy of the boardgame to play might make it attractive for the folks at GMT to allow me to place it in the app store. Whether that's through a licensing agreement or some other arraignment remains to be determined. The upside for GMT is that it may raise interest in the game, boost sales a bit and everyone wins.

After beta is complete and I have a solid app, I'll approach GMT about what my options are, if any. I have posted some screen shots on Twitter and the GMT feed and got a positive re-tweet. That, of course, is just some social media marking person and is not an endorsement of what I'm doing, but it's definitely not a no and that's encouraging.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Heise
Germany
Bad Salzulfen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I would also like to test youre app.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thylon wrote:
I would also like to test youre app.

Please PM your email address
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nauroy aurelien
France
flag msg tools
I need to test it too is it possible

I m à frenchguy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Hanly
Ireland
Chunga Empire
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Owsley wrote:
[q="Kiertscher"

I don't intend to charge for the app. The fact that you need to buy a copy of the boardgame to play might make it attractive for the folks at GMT to allow me to place it in the app store.


How is this? The rules are available online.

Is this a computerised version of the game with inbuilt AI?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rougebladez wrote:
Owsley wrote:
[q="Kiertscher"

I don't intend to charge for the app. The fact that you need to buy a copy of the boardgame to play might make it attractive for the folks at GMT to allow me to place it in the app store.


How is this? The rules are available online.

Is this a computerised version of the game with inbuilt AI?


The app plays the Jihadist bot and is designed to use the card deck that comes with the game.

Also, the tables that are necessary to play the game are not published and no one has permission to do so. You need a copy of the game to play it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Teasdale
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Check out the Pensky File on YouTube!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I've been loving the app so far but I noticed one major issue (My TestFlight app doesn't seem to have a report feedback function in the "what to test" section):

When the Jihadist AI gets the Leak card, it always comes up as playable (green text) even if none of the events are in the event box. The game then says "No OPs possible" and does nothing (skips the turn). If they have a 2nd card to play, the same Leak card comes up and again fails to act properly.

The turn then passes to the US player as usual, but when back to the jihadist player it does the same thing. Eventually, you get to a point where you can't proceed because the jihadist AI thinks it has cards to play, since it's stuck on the same Leak card.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pensky wrote:
Hey, I've been loving the app so far but I noticed one major issue (My TestFlight app doesn't seem to have a report feedback function in the "what to test" section):

When the Jihadist AI gets the Leak card, it always comes up as playable (green text) even if none of the events are in the event box. The game then says "No OPs possible" and does nothing (skips the turn). If they have a 2nd card to play, the same Leak card comes up and again fails to act properly.

The turn then passes to the US player as usual, but when back to the jihadist player it does the same thing. Eventually, you get to a point where you can't proceed because the jihadist AI thinks it has cards to play, since it's stuck on the same Leak card.

Thanks!


If you tap on the app icon in TestFligh you should get an install page that has "Send Feedback" near the top. Tapping that will Open an email window.

The "Leak" logic was rewritten for the last release. I'll dig into it.
Thanks for the feedback.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
Avatar
mbmbmb
Keep up the good work!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owsley wrote:
Pensky wrote:
Hey, I've been loving the app so far but I noticed one major issue (My TestFlight app doesn't seem to have a report feedback function in the "what to test" section):

When the Jihadist AI gets the Leak card, it always comes up as playable (green text) even if none of the events are in the event box. The game then says "No OPs possible" and does nothing (skips the turn). If they have a 2nd card to play, the same Leak card comes up and again fails to act properly.

The turn then passes to the US player as usual, but when back to the jihadist player it does the same thing. Eventually, you get to a point where you can't proceed because the jihadist AI thinks it has cards to play, since it's stuck on the same Leak card.

Thanks!


If you tap on the app icon in TestFligh you should get an install page that has "Send Feedback" near the top. Tapping that will Open an email window.

The "Leak" logic was rewritten for the last release. I'll dig into it.
Thanks for the feedback.


hello Joseph,

when will you release the app ?

thanks for all your work on it !

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.