United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does a missed field goal make you lose 7 yards before possesion changes? I thought it was a turn over at the line of scrimage. Am I wrong?

jb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule changed. The opposing team now gets the ball from the spot the kicking team kicked from, in other words, seven yds behind the line of scrimmage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Teemer
United States
Prosper
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think pro rules for a field goal is the opposing team takes the ball at the yard line the field goal attempt was kicked from, not the line of scrimmage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg and Larry are right. To match the pro rules, we wrote the rule in the Field Goal/Extra Point Chart as "Lose 7 & Possession."

There's a special case for a missed FG from inside the opponent's 13. A FG missed from the 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 would turn the ball over to the opposing team at the 20-yard line.

In the Scoring section of the Play Descriptions card, we wrote the full rule as: "Missed field goals lose 7 yards and possession or lose possession at the [opponent's] 20[-yard line], whichever is worse."

That's the pro rule. College may do something differently.

Best regards,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.