District-Z» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Time went bad - i'm trying to understand ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No_Way301
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all,
First and only game i’ve played with 5 players has gone so wrong that nobody in my group of 5 had fun with it. I know we misunderstood many rules and I now try to figure out a Flow Chart of the gameplay and priority on Location. Here’s some question I have and the flow chart I build so far:
For the purpose of time, ‘End of your Turn’ consists of: using a special ability and moving boss (which may enter in Combat with Survivor)

At Your Turn If you Move:
1. If there’s a Boss, Enter Boss Combat then skip Events Table and After Events. End of your Turn.

2. If there’s No Boss, but Zombies Tokens, Enter Combat with Zombies until there’s No Zombie’s Token left / you die or you flee then move to point 3.

3. If there’s a Survivor at the Location, you can choose 1 of the following (1 for Each Survivor on the Location) :
A. Do Nothing with a Survivor
B. Trade Item with Survivors
C. Combat with a Survivor
Or ignore all survivors then
D. Do an Event Table followed by After Event (if so)
E. Take as many items as you want/can (hand's limit)from that location.
Then End of Your Turn

4. If there’s Survivors at the Location (which in case you’re supposed to have ended your turn before this step) and If there’s a Location Objective or an Item Left on the Location, you can take as many items as you want/can (hand's limit)from that location then End your Turn.

5. If there’s No Boss, No Zombie’s Token (or no more Zombie Token), No Other Survivor and you haven’t took an item (Objective or Item) because there was any or you decided to not took one, you do the Event Table then you do the After Event.

---------------------------------------------
At your Turn if you do NOT move:
1. You may enter Boss Combat If there’s a Boss, then skip Events Table and After Events. End of your Turn. This step in optional because you already entered combat with the boss when the Boss entered or stay on your Location at the end of a player’s turn when moving the boss.

2. If there’s Zombies Tokens, Enter Combat with Zombies until there’s No Zombie’s Token left / you die or you flee then move to point 3.

3. If there’s a Survivor at the Location, you can choose 1 of the following (1 for Each Survivor on the Location) :
A. Do Nothing with a Survivor
B. Trade Item with Survivors
C. Combat with a Survivor
Or ignore all survivors
D. Take as many items as you want/can (hand's limit)from that location
E. Do an Event Table followed by After Event (if so)
Then End of Your Turn

4. If there’s no Survivors at the Location (which in case you’re supposed to have ended your turn before this step) If there’s a Location Objective or an Item Left on the Location, you can take 1 then End your Turn.

5. If there’s No Boss, No Zombie’s Token (or no more Zombie Token), No Other Survivor and you haven’t took an item (Objective or Item) because there was any or you decided to not took one, you heal one (if possible) skip the Event Table and the After Event.

Questions
Q1: What happen if a player need to take an item from the item deck and there’s none? (Card are already used by other player or left on a location)

Q2: When you have and objective and you enter your City’s Edge location and there’s what’s the order of thing happening? (Combat Boss then end your turn which mean you haven’t completed the event on the table so you don’t win the game then when to boss move, and there’s zombie left, you must kill them or evade then if there’s a survivor there you have the obligation to kill him so every time the only action you have if to engage them (but they can leave the space at their turn) then you have to leave the location so you can re-enter it to do the event table then win the game if you succed ?

Q3: Can you have more than one objective at a time in your inventory (if you don’t exceed the maximum of course) ?

Thank you for your reply and your help to place thing in order for me ! Sorry for my bad english which is not my primary langage !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Rubio
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm sorry for any confusion.

The flow chart seems to be correct and very handy. I might have to include that in a revised rulebook. Thanks for that!

Q1: If the ITEM is unique, there can be only one in play at a time.

Q2: I reread the rules I wrote. Under MULTIPLAYER RULES - REMAINING AT YOUR CURRENT LOCATION: I need to add this to the rule book. That rule is only in effect if you've already rolled on the current LOCATION card's EVENT TABLE. You don't have to move off the LOCATION if you haven't yet flipped it over and rolled on the EVENT TABLE or completed the EVENT.

In the case of a BOSS generation card, you'd put the BOSS in play, fight it and as long as you survive, you'd then win the game.

Q3: No. You can have only one LOCATION OBJECTIVE at a time.

I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No_Way301
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you for your quick reply. On a side note, this kind of flow chart has been made after the game we made so we clearly played all wrong laugh

I'm going to play the game again next week with the same group but we will use this flow chart. Thanks again. Happy to be a backer of a Deluxe version, the Aluminum Die is pretty sweet and really handy !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
George,
Can you confirm that when you are picking up Items/Companions at a location you can pick up ALL items that you can legally carry, correct? You are not limited to picking up just 1 thing.

Also, you can do this even if another Survivor is there, correct? It would be a 5th option under MEETING ANOTHER SURVIVOR:?

Also, when you remain on a Location to heal, can you do so if there are Zombies or a Boss there? If there is another Survivor there? Are you essentially allowed to ignore everything in order to heal? I don't see it clearly defined in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Rubio
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes. You can pick up ALL ITEMS that you can carry. Not just one.

Yes. You can pick up ITEMS if there is a SURVIVOR at that LOCATION. That would be a 5th option. I'll add that to the flow chart. Which really stream lines your options. I like it.

Adding to the rulebook. You can ONLY heal if you do not move and you remain on a LOCATION that has already been flipped over and is currently clear of Zombies, Bosses, and Survivors. If ITEMS are there, you can still heal.

And as always... you can't "heal" damage on Body Armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No_Way301
Canada
flag msg tools
I edited my part if ever it's going to be used or search by someone ! Feel free to use it, it's your game !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OptimusGeorge wrote:
You can ONLY heal if you do not move and you remain on a LOCATION that has already been flipped over and is currently clear of Zombies, Bosses, and Survivors. If ITEMS are there, you can still heal.

Hi George, if you remain on a location and you're able to clear it of Zombies (complete Combat without Escaping) would you then be able to heal one wound and end your turn? That sounds reasonable but I wasn't sure. It makes sense that you can't if a Boss or other Survivor (adversary) is there, but in the case I describe you are now alone at the location just as though you had started your turn alone at the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Rubio
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nope. You have to choose what to do at the beginning of the turn. If the zombie tokens were there, you were not alone and can't heal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OptimusGeorge wrote:
Nope. You have to choose what to do at the beginning of the turn. If the zombie tokens were there, you were not alone and can't heal.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

That's a tough choice then. Stay and fight a known quantity so you can hopefully heal on your next turn, or forge ahead to the next location and see what you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.