Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Euphoria: Updated Recruit Cards (16)» Forums » General

Subject: What is different about these? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do these recruit cards differ from those included in the game?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed: These are cards found in the second printing, but if you have the first printing, you can see a side-by-side comparison here:

http://boardspace.net/euphoria/english/v2_recruits.html
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Ed: These are cards found in the second printing, but if you have the first printing, you can see a side-by-side comparison here:

http://boardspace.net/euphoria/english/v2_recruits.html


Is there a way to purchase the new cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep! Right here: http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/euphoria-updated-recr...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Marinov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, can you please clarify Steven The Scholar's new ability - the description in the link says it works only when rolling a new worker, but I can't see anything in the card's text that implies it won't trigger when retrieving workers, or after your worker has been bumped. Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
Duesseldorf
North-Rhine-Westfalia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to buy "Euphoria", but why the new recruits cards?

1. Are these recruits an alternate gameplay style?
2. Are these new recruits a balanced version of the game?
If it is a balanced version of the game, are these cards now attached in the box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LogansRun wrote:
2. Are these new recruits a balanced version of the game?
If it is a balanced version of the game, are these cards now attached in the box?


They are a balanced version and they should be in the recent printings of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ng
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
LogansRun wrote:
2. Are these new recruits a balanced version of the game?
If it is a balanced version of the game, are these cards now attached in the box?


They are a balanced version and they should be in the recent printings of the game.


Sooooo... If I play the game with the v1 cards it won't be balanced? Should I remove them from the game if I don't have the v2 cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ultimatejarhead wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
LogansRun wrote:
2. Are these new recruits a balanced version of the game?
If it is a balanced version of the game, are these cards now attached in the box?


They are a balanced version and they should be in the recent printings of the game.


Sooooo... If I play the game with the v1 cards it won't be balanced? Should I remove them from the game if I don't have the v2 cards?


No, but you should definetly use the errata from the Stonemaier Games webpage about this one euphorean recruit (or leave this guy out).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.