Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pre-ordered BattleLore from www.cardhaus.com for $48.99 (10% off) is $44.09

See this thread for 10% coupon code for Nov orders. free shipping if total is $150 and no tax unless in California.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/133438

I pretty much gave up trying to spend $70 + $8 shipping from daysofwonder's site. $34 for a Hill Giant just isn't worth it but I'm sure it is worth that much for some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
I pretty much gave up trying to spend $70 + $8 shipping from daysofwonder's site. $34 for a Hill Giant just isn't worth it but I'm sure it is worth that much for some.

I hate that people say that the Hill Giant costs that much. It doesn't. It's free. You choose to spend less money buying from an online retailer. It's your choice. I buy almost all my domestic games from my FLGS because they support the various gaming hobbies, provide play space, and are just good people. I suspect those of us who preorder from them will be getting a discount, so for those like me the Hill Giant will actually be like a coupon for me since I would have bought it there already without the promotion.

I also would not be surprised if the Hill Giant, or something similar (maybe the same creature with a different sculpt?) were available to buy in the future, or you can keep an eye on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably would too. Problem is in Las Vegas there is Dreamland or something like that and one other place. They strictly sell Card Game Collectibles or whatever those things are called and miniatures. So I don't have an option to shop at a Local Game Store or I probably would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered directly from DoW for the $70. I look foward to getting my Hill Giant.
I also just won an ebay auction for the Giant for $7.52. That's the cheapest I have seen it go, btw...others are consistently topping the &12 range and up.
I'll have 2 copies and I am excited about it.
Yeah for me. Maybe I will buy a second copy of the game from this Cardhaus to have matching sets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the frenzy is setting in. I scanned eBay's completed sales and someone was selling BattleLores with the Hill Giant figs for $50 + $16 shipping (each). Just four buyers bought all six. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
I probably would too. Problem is in Las Vegas there is Dreamland or something like that and one other place. They strictly sell Card Game Collectibles or whatever those things are called and miniatures. So I don't have an option to shop at a Local Game Store or I probably would.

That blows.

You would think that a city like Las Vegas would have at least one decent FLGS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.