Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

are Shogun-cards easily worn out by shuffling?
Still nice after several games (like well produced cards) or damaged easily (bigger scratches, completely white edges,...).

Of course it's maily a mather of taste whether you want to sleeve gaming cards or not. But i've made the experience that some cards are way more prone to being damaged by shuffling than others. E.g. my Port Royal still looks nice after many plays, my 7 Wonders should have been sleeved early...soblue
As Shogun is not a cheap game and hidden cards not being recognizable might be important at some time I don't want to try out here myself.
(on the other hand I'm not keen on getting some packages of mini euro sleeves for no reason and cards feel better, mirror less when played without...)

First world problem, but thanks in advance for some experience nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I didn't sleeve. Cards are decent quality, can't see this being played so often they would degrade, and there's so many of them, I can't see hidden information being an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delwayne Arakaki
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my action ones are sleeved. Works great! I chose the hard cased baseball sized ones and just cut them in half. The card slips in from side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Delwayne wrote:
my action ones are sleeved. Works great! I chose the hard cased baseball sized ones and just cut them in half. The card slips in from side.

Or just use Mini Euro sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emilio Ramaglia
Italy
Avellino
flag msg tools
Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.