Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Chambers
Canada
Alliston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read that if a player is using naval transport, they are able to pick up units along the way to their destination at a cost of 1 MP. So, despite having unlimited movement (barring stops) a player can't go out of their way to pick up units and then continue on to their destination?

It says I can only move one unit during a minor move. Can this be a unit that is an amalgamation of units(such as a 5 unit/15 BP HI)?

Are the minor powers considered 'in' for all scenarios where their area of influence is 'in play' (ex. Rhodes for scenario III)?

I'm sure there will be more, but that's it for now. I'm salivating at the possibilites of this game! Can't wait to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
here is how we play it.

1. How you get to your destination is up to you.

2. No, one unit means one unit.

3. No, the Rhodes fleet is only in Rhodes. But I'v not played any of the scenarios but number 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noman wrote:
I've read that if a player is using naval transport, they are able to pick up units along the way to their destination at a cost of 1 MP. So, despite having unlimited movement (barring stops) a player can't go out of their way to pick up units and then continue on to their destination?

It says I can only move one unit during a minor move. Can this be a unit that is an amalgamation of units(such as a 5 unit/15 BP HI)?

Are the minor powers considered 'in' for all scenarios where their area of influence is 'in play' (ex. Rhodes for scenario III)?

I'm sure there will be more, but that's it for now. I'm salivating at the possibilities of this game! Can't wait to play.

Hi there!

Question 1: You actually can pick up quite a few units this way, because naval movement itself costs only 3 MP (1 for embark, 1 for sail - any distance as long as you make your continuation rolls - and 1 for debark. For picking up the units in the ports, you only have to pay 1 MP. You don't have to pay to debark and embark and sail again. Also, remember a fleet or a leader traveling alone does not pay to pick up the first unit. Once you do though it's normal naval transport rules.

Question 2: When you see a 5 HI counter, it's the same as a stack of five 1 HI counters. You can only move 1 unit during a minor move. That means you would have to leave 4 HI behind and move 1 HI. Got it?

I guess you could set up Rhodes if you want, however (a) Scenario III is standard so you can't activate Rhodes with the card and (b)movement east of Greece is forbidden. In other words, Rhodes shouldn't be part of anyone's plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget you can move a leader 2X the distance during activations if he is moving by himself. One option is to use a leader to harvest all the units into one central place and then sail with them. When this is done well, it is an AWESOME move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
I dont have the book in front of me, but I think you have to debark to pick up more than one unit in the same space dont you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Tisander wrote:
I dont have the book in front of me, but I think you have to debark to pick up more than one unit in the same space dont you?

No - see 11.31, bullet #3. But you have to debark to drop off more than one unit (dropping off one unit is free).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mgringo wrote:
Don't forget you can move a leader 2X the distance during activations if he is moving by himself. One option is to use a leader to harvest all the units into one central place and then sail with them. When this is done well, it is an AWESOME move.

could you give an example of how this would work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.