Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo R
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Tank actions: Are lettered actions (by fire card or event) avaliable for japanese tanks at the begining of the game? Or must they wait, like other units, to the turn they will be avaliable?

2 "Smoke obscures beach" event: Can a coastal position fire inside the island, or is it forbidden too?

3 Fields of fire: In this case, could the japanese unit in position brown hit the tank and/or engineer units (even with the empty positions and US troops in the middle?).

4 Mg fire: In this case, can yellow position hit engineer or HQ stack units? They are occupying hexes adjacent to a yellow intense fire hex, but it seems unlikely that (an) the MG could fire in such a pattern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Miszke
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They must wait like others.
2. It is forbidden too.
3. Yes, they can hit up to 2 units.
4. Yes, they are in the FoF so they can be hittd (god only knows how many machine guns they digged from sand up )

But, of course, i can be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been wrong before with this game but here's my best shot since no one else has rung in.

1) If you are talking about turn one, the event is assigned as "Add depth to two Japanese units.”

2) Coastal positions in the zone listed can't fire anywhere.

3) I've looked before to see if there is an exception to how Position Groups work if they are partially occupied by US units and can't find one.

Quote:
6.21 Position Groups
Positions with two or more component position hexes (such as E1 and E2) are considered one position and have one field of fire, even when some hexes in the position are occupied and some are not.

I've interpreted this as a way of simulating tunnels.

4) I don't see any issue here both hexes are in LOS. If you mean the units are nearly 180 deg from each other, there may be more than one mg in a unit so don't see that as a problem either.

edit: Looks like Piotr answered exactly when I did, and oddly our answers match!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo R
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the answers.

In the 1 the question is if lettered tank actions are avaliable SINCE the first turn (and the following) or have they to wait?

In the 4 the issue is not the number of mgs. The question is if the projected field of fire is straight-line traced only. In this case, hex 1424 is ok because is adjacent to 1425 (whit yellow dot), but what about 1325 and 1525?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Dano
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Yes after turn one tank actions are in effect
edit: read Piotr's more detailed answer below.

4) As long as they are adjacent they can be hit, so yes they can be hit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Miszke
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pavlo wrote:
In the 1 the question is if lettered tank actions are avaliable SINCE the first turn (and the following) or have they to wait?

They have to wait like others. So, if they are undisrupted and there is no letter actions revealed, only action what they can do is the Default Tank Action (fire or advance).

Also, dont forget, tanks do not gain terrain defense benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.