United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Nope
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The same 4 of us played every week for the last 3 weeks.
We played with 1/5 chances of not having a betrayer ... you know how many times we had a betrayer? 0 times. That clearly creates some tension for the next game but at the same time makes the current game less interesting.

Going to the point of the thread, this past game we played "Leave it Behind". It requires 2 food for each initial player and an equipped weapon for each non-exiled player.
Everything was going really well. We were just worried about the non-existing betrayer to act. We got the food fast. I was keeping the zombies in line left and right, helping the others on their search for weapons.
So, 2 round for the end, everybody had an equipped weapon except me.
One of the other players realizes that exiling me would be enough to win the game that round. So, they do so. surprise
I barely complained cos I found that idea excellent and quite thematic.
Thus, they leave me behind. I couldn't fulfill my exiled goal in my turn. Do you know what I found though? 2 weapons.

I just wanted to share that moment.

Cheers,
F
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had something similar happen last game. It does have a nice apocalyptic feel, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Solt
United States
Palmerton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome. I could totally see some of my friends pulling that one. I am going to have to remember it though. The last game we played was "More Samples" 4 players, no traitor was drawn. We had 11 zombie tokens, one more to win. Then we just got overrun. I didn't even think about exiling anyone. Will definitively keep that strategy in my pocket for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Li
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they did it when they are about to loose, that's understandable. I wouldn't blame them.

This reminds me of a game I played with the same objective. It was the last round and I was the only one missing a weapon. IIRC, I also needed a medicine for my secret objective, so on my turn, when everyone was expecting me to go to the police station to search for a weapon, I went to the hospital instead. Everyone was screaming at me but I told them not to worry, I know what I am doing, and if I don't have a weapon equipped by the end of my turn, they can exile me and win without me. Long story short, I was able to get the medicine and the weapon and win.

Sometimes even non-traitors need to do a little sabotaging to slow down the group in order to have more time to complete their secret objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
So the entire colony only found 3 weapons up to that point?

Otherwise, why didn't someone give you a weapon? I assume you did ask for them on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Nope
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
We had something similar happen last game. It does have a nice apocalyptic feel, doesn't it?

Yes. I was shocked because I was too naive.

Orion3T wrote:
So the entire colony only found 3 weapons up to that point?
Otherwise, why didn't someone give you a weapon? I assume you did ask for them on your turn.

Yes, only 3 weapons up to that point and asked for. We focussed on food because of the main objectives and the different crises that showed up. Of course, I was too innocent to expect that move from them. They could have waited but it was easier for them to not to. It was also a nice evil idea. Two weapons showed up in my turn, just after exiling me, in 2 of my searches when I didn't need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Headley
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Another interesting thing would have been if they hadn't thought of it, and then during your turn you didn't find the weapon and voted to exile yourself. It would have been a nice "save yourselves" moment. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Nope
mbmbmbmbmb
Raistlin212 wrote:
Another interesting thing would have been if they hadn't thought of it, and then during your turn you didn't find the weapon and voted to exile yourself. It would have been a nice "save yourselves" moment.

Hmmmm ....nope....I am not that nice, specially after what they did to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the other players satisfied all of their other secret objectives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Nope
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Had the other players satisfied all of their other secret objectives?

Yes. So, it was easier for them to exile me. Risk 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.