SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got a plug in the UK national magazine MindGames, a glossy, full-colour BBC publication. Beyond Monopoly! is the first Games Club Of The Month, a small feature on page 70 of the December issue #06, out now. They got all the facts, a photo and wrote our name correctly. Result! It's out now, so get a copy. Actually, it's a pretty damn good magazine. I took a copy to Essen and struggled with even the medium puzzles. There's so much content, and lots of tiny things that link up too, it's a really dense piece. Add in game reviews including Settlers, Carc, Polarity and a short article on Black Vienna by Andy Merritt and it looks like a great forum for our hobby. Have a look and better still, join in. www.bbcmindgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, fantastic!

Congratulations, Jon. You're doing great stuff with this game club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Wynford-Jones
France
Prévessin-Möens
Just across the border from Geneva, Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to get my sis to buy me a copy...

I love the irony, though, that your club is featured and then the competition giveaway is ... three Monopoly sets! What a pity they couldn't have gone with, say, three Catan sets instead.

Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Jon! Your hard work is paying off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
We got a plug in the UK national magazine MindGames, a glossy, full-colour BBC publication.

Well done. Thanks also, as I expect it was you who passed on details of Posh Games, our Peterboroough group. It seems likely we will be in a later edition - I took some pictures at our last session here.

It is nice to see the hobby getting decent press.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.