Subject: Small Question about Bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Kuhn

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably not reading something correctly, but on p. 10 under Tax Revenue / Success Bonus, the rules appear to say that the government is paid a bonus of $1 mil. for each space increase on the tax chart.

Then, in the example on p. 11, the German government is awarded a bonus of $2 mil. for moving up 1 space, from $6 mil. to $7 mil.

So is the bonus $2 mil. per space, or is should the example read $1 mil. as the bonus, or have I missed something?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedFK wrote:
So is the bonus $2 mil. per space, or is should the example read $1 mil. as the bonus, or have I missed something?

In another thread, http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/133058 we've also noticed the discrepancy. I'm leaning towards misprint on the example. I don't think there has been an official answer.

-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the official ERRATA to the english rules (published at www.strategie-spiele.de):

Dear Imperial Owner:
In the hurry to get this first edition of Imperial to you, 2 errors were made in the English rules book and 2 passages of text were deleted.
Please correct your copy as indicated below:
Page 10 - Column 2 - In the paragraph starting „A factory is unoccupied,“ make the second last line start: 15 mil. (million) instead of 50.
Page 11 - Column 2 - In paragraph numbered 1, make figure in second last line „1“ instead of „2“.

Please add the following text to the end of the rules:

Investor Card
At the start of the game, the investor card goes to the player seated to the left of the player with the Austria-Hungary flag. If no one has the Austria-Hungary flag, the investor card goes to the player to the left of the player with the Italian flag.

Variation Without Investor Card
Remove investor card from game.
This variation results in fewer changes in the ownership of governments, and a better overview of play, but perhaps a bit less excitement.
Instead of using the investor card, each player can invest in a nation immediately after that nation takes its turn.
For example:
After Italy takes its turn, its owner can invest in Italy. Then all the other players can invest in Italy, starting with the player to the left of the owner of Italy and going clockwise around the table. After that France takes its turn.
In addition to this procedure, players not owning governments can invest in any nation they wish, at any time.
On the rondel playing field “Investor,“ only the interests are paid. Passing through that field no longer has any special consequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kuhn

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank-you for your prompt and helpful responses.

I'm looking forward to this game being available in the US.

Best wishes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:

In addition to this procedure, players not owning governments can invest in any nation they wish, at any time.

At ANY time?
In the middle of a country's turn?
'Jumping the Queue' in investing before e.g. the player to their left?

Surely not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely not at *any* time.

We had a problem crop up while playing yesterday (due to a misreading of the Investor phase rules in the standard game), and it became pretty clear that allowing anyone to buy shares *during* a nation's turn ruins the game. Either the buyer suddenly gets control of a country partway through it's action, or (possibly worse) the governing player could change his mind on how to execute the turn based on the way that bonds were purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(for those skimming the thread, we're talking about the variant without the investor card)

Then the obvious question is: what's the difference between players with flags and players without if all of them can invest in any nation after that nation's turn? Walther seems to be implying there is some difference with the sentence "In addition to this procedure, players not owning governments can invest in any nation they wish, at any time."

Here's what I suspect he meant (Walther, please correct me if I'm wrong): After any nation takes its turn, all players may invest in that nation. Furthermore, players without any flags may invest in ANY nation (not just the nation that concluded its turn).

Walther???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.