Popular Tags: [View All]
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I'm trying to learn the base game with the 2nd Ed rules. I'm having real difficulty with the chapter quests that are slaughter field (SF) setups. I'll bullet point through my session tonight as I'm not sure what I'm doing.

1. I decided to start the adventure on the tavern 6X6 tile
2. I pulled the 'Get Tactical' chapter quest. It is a SF quest so I reasoned I couldn't do it right away as I wasn't on a 12x12 tile. I assume that all SF games / quests have to be on a 12 x 12 tile.So by the RAW I kept the quest aside for the next tile I pulled.
3. I pulled another quest 'Just Okay Hunt' which has you putting fighters surrounded my Minions on new tiles at least 5 spaces away from the edge you entered on.
4. I cleared the Tavern Tile.
5. Here I got a bit stuck. I thought I should be putting down a 12x12 tile so I could do the SF quest I had originally pulled. However following the rules about moving onto a new tile I wasn't sure how I could make it work as you are supposed to enter the next tile at the edge but a SF scenario has you starting in the middle with enemies at the edge. I thought about discarding the tavern but you can't do that until heroes have moved off of it.

In the end it came down to 2 options for me.

Either I could just remove the tavern and start afresh from the centre of a new 12x12 tile. Or I could put the 12x12 tile adjacent to the tavern with the enemies and try to fight my way onto it from the tavern. However it made it look almost impossible I could meet the success conditions of that particular SF quest as my objectives would be further in on the tile.

I discarded the tavern and started afresh at the centre of the new tile. Unfortunately I then struggled to see what I was going to do about placing a fighter / minions 5 spaces away from the edge I entered on!?!?!?

I just guessed!

Am I missing something?

EDIT: for further points of clarity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, your confusions are standard.

Yu have to be prepared to make some rules on-the-fly with Myth.

If you're on a 6x6 and the Quest calls for a 12x12 slaughterfield you can

(1) discard and draw a different Quest
(2) put to one side, but the next tile will be a 12x12 and you start in the middle of it, not the edge
(3) adapt the slaughterfield to the 6x6 tile, reducing the number of monsters along each edge by half and playing 2 HCs between each wave
(4) some other creative solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! You going for the journeyman KS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually stick with the quest, but just switch out the tile based on what the quest calls for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time we had this situation we took the 6x6 tile we were standing on and put in on a 12x12 tile.
It was the campfire tile so we took a wildernes tile. It worked perfectly. You just have to forget the fact that you entered the 6x6 tile from a 6x4 or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.