Subject: Some questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the game for the first time and liked it a lot... very cool game

Some questions were asked that I wanted clarification to be 100% sure:

1- Gold Intel Cards or Fallout (don't remember if there are these things in Fallouts) that say to discard all deployed Agents/Soldiers... it's referring to all agents/soldiers in all cases or just the case we are resolving?

2- Burned assets go out of the game but Deactivated Assets go to your hand or to the discard pile?

3- In a turn can I activate more than 1 Asset? Can I also utilize more than 1 asset?

4- When deploying agents/soldiers, are players limited to one deployment action for each type or can I make several different deployments to different cases?

5- Can I make the Action in my turn in any order? or is the claiming a case the first action you have to take? It could be useful to play an Agent to get to know the info about the Plot and then decide if I want to take that case or go for a different one

I think that's all I remember

Thanks for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

1- Gold Intel Cards or Fallout (don't remember if there are these things in Fallouts) that say to discard all deployed Agents/Soldiers... it's referring to all agents/soldiers in all cases or just the case we are resolving?

2- Burned assets go out of the game but Deactivated Assets go to your hand or to the discard pile?

3- In a turn can I activate more than 1 Asset? Can I also utilize more than 1 asset?

4- When deploying agents/soldiers, are players limited to one deployment action for each type or can I make several different deployments to different cases?

5- Can I make the Action in my turn in any order? or is the claiming a case the first action you have to take? It could be useful to play an Agent to get to know the info about the Plot and then decide if I want to take that case or go for a different one

Thanks for your time

Don't have the rulebook in front of me. but pretty sure I have your answers:

1. All

2. Deactivated Assets are flipped face down on the table. You cannot utilize a deactivated asset, but deactivated assets are protected from negative effects such as needing to burn them from a fallout effect.

3. Yes and yes.

4. You can deploy as much as you want. The limit is on recruitment, not deployment.

5. You must perform the mandatory actions first and in order and then you can perform optional actions in any order you want. So, first you would need to claim a case as lead, then play two intel cards (the first of which on another players case) then the optional actions (such as deploying an agent) can occur in any order you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, did I just get punked? Was this a joke? I just noticed you answered questions in the other "questions after first play" thread. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

Thanks for your time

Don't have the rulebook in front of me. but pretty sure I have your answers:

1. All

2. Deactivated Assets are flipped face down on the table. You cannot utilize a deactivated asset, but deactivated assets are protected from negative effects such as needing to burn them from a fallout effect.

3. Yes and yes.

4. You can deploy as much as you want. The limit is on recruitment, not deployment.

5. You must perform the mandatory actions first and in order and then you can perform optional actions in any order you want. So, first you would need to claim a case as lead, then play two intel cards (the first of which on another players case) then the optional actions (such as deploying an agent) can occur in any order you wish.

Thanks for the reply...

some follow ups...

An asset that gets deactivated can't be activated again in the future?
It makes no sense that he could get activated again because that would be like having a penalty until your next turn when you would activate them again...

Also, are you sure about nº5?

I ask because I don't recall the rules saying that you have to do the first 2 mandatory action and in that order... it just says you have 2 mandatory actions that you have to do in your turn... I don't recall it saying they had to be the first 2 actions...

Also I've seen the gameplay video from Jplay and in the first video he played like that, always doing the mandatory actions first and in that order, but in the second video he says he's been alerted that it was not required to play it like that... that he can freely choose how to do all the actions in the order he wants, he's just required to at some point perform both of the mandatory action

Thank you again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
Wait, did I just get punked? Was this a joke? I just noticed you answered questions in the other "questions after first play" thread. shake

no joke...

I replied to question in the other thread after reading the rules... not after playing the game...

I played the game yesterday and had some questions of my own now

And these questions are different from the ones asked in the other thread by another person

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:

You may deploy as many soldiers as you want, to ONE PLOT. The same is true for agents. So you can't deploy soldiers and agents to more than 2 plots. (Rules page 13: deploy soldiers / deploy agents)

remus wrote:

Definitely not. Rules page 12 under "optional actions". You may do optional actions at any time and in any order during your turn. There is no order in which you must do your mandatory and/or optional actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
You may deploy as many soldiers as you want, to ONE PLOT. The same is true for agents. So you can't deploy soldiers and agents to more than 2 plots. (Rules page 13: deploy soldiers / deploy agents)

So, in your turn you can make 2 Deployments:
1- Agents and you can send how many you have to ONE Plot
2- Soldiers and you can send how many you have to ONE Plot (no sense in sending more than 2 thou)

These 2 deployments can be done to different Plots, right?

Benji68 wrote:

Definitely not. Rules page 12 under "optional actions". You may do optional actions at any time and in any order during your turn. There is no order in which you must do your mandatory and/or optional actions.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:

Just to clarify, this sequence should be a valid player turn, then?:

Optional Action 1 (Recruiting an Asset, Soldier, or Agent)
Optional Action 2 (Deploying any number of Soldiers available to you to one Case) -> gives you information about the Intel cards in this Case
Mandatory Action 1 (Claiming a Case)
Optional Action 3 (Deploying any number of Agents available to you to one Case) -> gives you information about the Plot Complexity and additional info about Impact of this Case (it may be lower than what’s on the other side of the Plot card)
Mandatory Action 2 (Playing 2 Intel cards to two cases, the first to one Case belonging to another player).
Optional Action 4 (Activate an Asset)
Optional Action 5 (Utilize an Active Asset)
Optional Action 6 (Utilize the same Asset, e.g. for a second Drone Strike)
Optional Action 6 (Utilize another Active Asset)
Optional Action 7 (Exchange an Intel card for tokens)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Maiz
United States
Palmyra
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
* You can deploy as many as you have - so you can send 2 soldiers to 1 plot and X agents to any 1 plot..
* You cannot send 1 soldier to plot1, 1 soldier to plot2, and an agent to plot3

EX turn:
* I deploy 2 soldier to a plot, and look at intel cards on a plot with another agent already on it the turn before.
* I then flip an asset, reveal the VP (who has drone strike) and strike that plot with 2 soldiers on it. Cards are removed without looking at it (face down). Soldiers go back to the bank.
* I then place an agent on a new plot and look at it.
* I then claim that plot with my ID card
* I sell an intel card for 2 political pts
* I recruit an asset [ note that I now cannot recruit a soldier or agent] with 3 tokens.
* I then place an intel card on someone elses plot
* Last, I place an intel card under my new plot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that both of those examples are legal turns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
don't know if anyone noticed this question previously:

It makes no sense that he could get activated again because that would be like having a penalty until your next turn when you would activate them again...

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:

As said above, you can play optional actions any time in your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks

You can activate any asset on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks

You can activate any asset on your turn.

I know the rulebook says you can activate Assets in your hand, that haven't been activated...

does this apply to the ones that were already activated and got deactivated for some reason?

I just think that's a pretty weak penalty if you can activate the asset again on your next turn... usually you have more than 1 asset activated and you'll choose to deactivate one that has no power that helps you in the revolve threats phase and then on your turn activate him again... so you haven't lost anything...

This is why I said it makes no sense to me that you can activate one asset that got deactivated... why would you waste 2 Tokens to prevent an asset from being deactivated if you can get it back in your next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't find any rule about deactivating assets. Therefore, in the absence of any way to do it, once activated, assets cannot be deactivated.

I don't have the game in front of me, but I can't remember any cards that deactivate assets. You may be misreading DISCARD as deactivate. Discarded assets go to the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's at least one Gold Intel Card that says that:

"Forced Suspension
Pay 2 Rep.Tokens or Deactivate your Assets"

Don't know if there are any Plots that do that but there's at least that card that I'm holding in my hand at this moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not having access to the cards meant I could not look them up. So they CAN be deactivated.

There's nothing to stop them from being reactivated on your turn but sometimes it is advantageous to keep them up especially if they give you an immunity to exposure, or allow you to burn them to influence a resolution.

You can't do that while they are deactivated until you activate them on your turn...which might be a while in a larger game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it. Basically, the deactivated assets won't be able to help out during the rest of the plot resolution phase, then they can be reactivated during the players next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

I just think that's a pretty weak penalty if you can activate the asset again on your next turn...

Deactivating a crucial asset until your next turn comes around can make the difference between a win and a loss.

I forget what exactly, but there are also some combos out there which take advantage of deactivated assets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

I just think that's a pretty weak penalty if you can activate the asset again on your next turn...

Deactivating a crucial asset until your next turn comes around can make the difference between a win and a loss.

If forget what exactly, but there are also some combos out there - ie things you can do to deactivated assets.

Yes it could be... I didn't remember it was all Assets that get deactivated... i Thought it was only 1 and you could choose and that would be a pretty weak penalty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications. Again, I was replying without the rulebook in front of me. I thought I knew what I was talking about. Good to know the mandatory actions don't need to be first. That changes things quite a bit. I need to re-read the rulebook. From my memory, it seemed very clear that the mandatory actions needed to be performed first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications. Again, I was replying without the rulebook in front of me. I thought I knew what I was talking about. Good to know the mandatory actions don't need to be first. That changes things quite a bit. I need to re-read the rulebook. From my memory, it seemed very clear that the mandatory actions needed to be performed first.

I re-read the rules and there is indeed nothing that says you should do your mandatory actions first.

Just played my first game yesterday and that makes a big change to how it is played! Good to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I re-read them last night too. It's really weird how I interpreted it that way. I suppose the fact that they listed the mandatory actions first in the rulebook triggered something in my head to think they had to be executed in that order. The only game I'd played so far was played incorrectly based on that interpretation. Looking forward to playing it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a line under claiming a case that says "unclaimed at the start of your turn". That might be where the confusion is coming from. Does it mean the action must be done at the start of your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.