Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Harper
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing our second game tonight and we got to the point where the supply deck was empty for the second time. The current player opted to take the face up card from the discard so the hand end was not triggered. What do we do about sheriff cards that require shots to be taken? Shuffle the discard or declare that the shot is unsuccessful since there are no cards left to turn over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
...determines everything.
badge
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition and know that is not mentioned in the rules. I believe it does say that when the draw pile is used up the second time the hand ends. You could take that literally or make a house rule to reshuffle so that the last action (shot) could be taken.

It may just be best to call the hands end and not fool with reshuffling the discards more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Danila
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8 of my rule book clearly states that when the draw deck is empty players can choose to take cards from the discard pile to prolong the game. Unfortunately it does not say what to do in this situation when you need to draw a card to take a shot.

I think that a good house rule might be to allow the game to continue until a draw from the deck is required. To resolve the shot you reshuffle the discards for the shot, but not for card drawing purposes. When this person ends their turn they would start a new discard pile with their discard. The only option the next player would have is to take that discard or end the hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.