3 Posts

Patchistory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kremlin and war preparations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In short, can patching the Kremlin be used to remove a worker currently on war preparations back to my bank, and if so, what happens to the war?

We played it last night that I could have (had I wished) removed the worker to cancel the war, but it didn't seem to be clarified anywhere we could find offhand.

(As it turned out, I kept him on there and won the war as defender anyway, so it didn't matter last night, but it's interesting to get it clarified.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my feeling is that you can. the guy on the the war space is the indicator that there's a war next war phase. if the guy isn't there, there is no war. the rules are so poorly written, though, that it's not clear if that's the case.

this, though, is from capoerista's rewrite of the rules:
Quote:
7.4.2 War (What is it good for?)
If the active player has a worker in the War Room
of a General Trade Route (which will be the result
of a war being declared in the previous round) then
the War is now resolved.

This seems to indicate that if you sacrifice that worker, there's no more war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Stuntkite rules:

page 12 wrote:

When one or two both (sic) players choose the red side-
* A war is declared. The War will resolve NEXT Round when the Worker moves to the War/Return Space
* Each player who chose the red side is considered an Agressor. (Both players can be Aggressors in a War). Each Aggressor forfeits their War Preparation Cost (0/1/2) Resources according to the Era
* Leave the Worker on the Return/Preparation space. Next round it will move to the War/Return space and the War will resolve

So if you're on the Preparation space, you move in Phase 4 into the War space. Patching occurs in Phase 1, so the result is that you cancel the war that you've already paid to prepare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.