GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,019 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Thebes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Take a researcher card action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got copy of this game and I'm a bit confused by the rules for the take a researcher card action. In the rules it says you need to spend the time it takes to move your Archeologist to the city stated on the card. IS this correct? It seems strange that each card has a time cost on the top right corner. What is this used for? I can't find anything in the rule book.

Also, in the Game end and scoring section of the rules, there is a paragraph in Dutch I think?

If anyone can help out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are a bit oddly written. You need to pay for both the time it would take you to move to the city that has the card and the cost of the card itself.

So, there's an assistant in Rome and you are two spaces away from Rome and wish to purchase it you would have to move up 2(to travel to Rome) + 2(for the assistant) = 4 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To take ANY card, your Archeologist must be in the city listed on the card. For any card you take, you must also spend the amount of time shown in the top right corner of that card.

My English rules don't have any non-English in them, so I'm not sure what is going on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that, that makes a lot more sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carrion wrote:
To take ANY card, your Archeologist must be in the city listed on the card. For any card you take, you must also spend the amount of time shown in the top right corner of that card.

My English rules don't have any non-English in them, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

This is a reprint I'm assuming. I just got it from Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have you answer to the Dutch text question right here:

Misprint in English rulebook of new Kickstarter reprint

Spoiler: it's very underwhelming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.