Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules for movement there is a misleading phrasing used "pass over". Does it mean "enter and leave in the same turn" or does it mean "enter"? My guess is that it means "enter". That's why:

The booklet says that a pawn may never "pass over" the plague, the mountains, the central hill and other players' towns. But in separate sentence it says that a pawn may "pass over its own pawns, but at the end of its movement in each territory there must only be 1 pawn". So when the rules want to say "enter and leave in the same turn" they say it openly. Also in separate sentence they write "any pawn that enters a wood must stop". Anybody can confirm my guess?

Another thing: rules say that "the First Knight must always be alone". Does it mean "the First Knight can never share the same area with it's Baron or Milady at the end of any movement" or does it mean "the area occupated by the First Knight can never be used as part of any pawn's path even if at the end of movement this pawn will not stay at the same area as the First Knight"? Can First Knight enter (and leave in same movement) areas occupated by own pawns? My guess is that the First Knight must be alone at the end of any pawn's movement and not "always".

The movement rules seem very vague to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ja_n wrote:
In the rules for movement there is a misleading phrasing used "pass over". Does it mean "enter and leave in the same turn" or does it mean "enter"? My guess is that it means "enter". That's why:

****You are right. Pass over basically means counting it as a movement space - i.e. enter and leave in the same turn as you put it.

ja_n wrote:
Another thing: rules say that "the First Knight must always be alone". Does it mean "the First Knight can never share the same area with it's Baron or Milady at the end of any movement"

****I'd have to check about Milady but yeah, the First Knight cannot share a space with another pawn at the end of its movement.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.