Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Collins
Australia
Melbourne
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following on from your example above is the Drakon-Harp Loop. I got caught in this today. Picture the tile order Start/Harp/Dragon. One of my opponents got to the dragon tile and placed Drakon on the Harp spot.

I could not move without an escape tile for the first half of the game. I also had no harp to place on the other side of the start tile to give me an option that way either.

Very nasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
REGGY wrote:
I could not move without an escape tile for the first half of the game. I also had no harp to place on the other side of the start tile to give me an option that way either.

Very nasty.

And as the player who made that nasty move I feel that I must say that even though I had the other two players trapped on the start tile for a fair percentage of the game I still lost soblue

I picked up one coin tile, but it was fun trapping them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
REGGY wrote:
Picture the tile order Start/Harp/Dragon. One of my opponents got to the dragon tile and placed Drakon on the Harp spot.

It sounds like this was played wrong. Quoting from the rulebook:
Quote:
The very first time a player places a "Drakon Moves" chamber, that player must also place the Drakon figure on which no heroes are standing.

It would seem likely that when the chamber was placed, it may have been the only empty chamber, and so the Drakon figure would have been placed on the move chamber. This happened in one of the games I played last night with the exact same starting tile order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, we did play it correctly. There may have been another tile or two in play, but the important points were that I was not on the start tile, the other two players were and the harp tile was empty which is why I placed Drakon there, not that it did me any good in the long run, but the short term joy was definitely there cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.