Subject: first game, first turn - death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slade
South Korea
Busan
Busan
flag msg tools
Just got the game in the mail a couple days ago, had my first session with a friend last night. 2 player game.

First quest - treacherous siblings. my friend puts me in ireland. ok.

first turn - move back on to land, and encounter a wizard.

i think i robbed him. i don't remember. but it was something not nice. i had magic, so i thought i might get away with it, as that was a skill option for me in the award paragraph.

so the first thing that happened to me on my first turn was me attacking a wizard with all the magic i could muster, which briefly dusted his cloak.

dude busts out his spells, turns me into a pomegranate, explodes me into pieces, turns himself into a chicken, and devours my soul.

this game is awesome.

i started again, as my 'brother,' in baghdad. my quest was simply to enter a place of power. didn't quite know how to go about doing that, so i thought i'd just head towards one and hope for a good encounter. well, after days of hanging around siberia, i drink from some river and turn into a beast. i'm then imprisoned. probably for being a douche to someone again. i don't remember i trick a foolish guard eventually, and the dude is fooled so hard, he invites me back to his place and introduces me as a long lost member of his family and gives me some treasure. keep in mind, i'm still in beast form.

i say farewell and make my way down the indian coast, heading to africa, where i robbed a man (forced rob because envious) of a bronze statue, which gave me the future option of heading to the city of brass, which i was able to do. by this time, i was able to return to baghdad and win the game. luckily, my friend had been sex-changed, and could have won probably an hour previously while i was in india, but couldn't shake the status. so despite dying on my first turn, and being imprisoned in siberia for a long while, i came away with the win.

the only issue we came across was the 'respected' status. the wording was awkward, but we ruled that it only applied to award paragraphs where rolling a die is involved in seeing the result.

it's also a little difficult to keep track of everything when all the statuses and treasures pile up, but we got through ok.

i love the stories this game tells. my friend really enjoyed it too. it's really my kind of game. highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
This exact same thing happened to me when I played Twilight Struggle last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:

I call BS! I've never seen a card in TS that turns your country into a pomegranate! Would make for an interesting expansion tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
ousgg wrote:

I call BS! I've never seen a card in TS that turns your country into a pomegranate! ;) Would make for an interesting expansion tho.

"Briefly dusted his cloak." Hey, that was his favorite cloak.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Morgan
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
It's Clan Mackintosh!
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
ousgg wrote:

I call BS! I've never seen a card in TS that turns your country into a pomegranate! Would make for an interesting expansion tho.

It's the Khrushchev Citrus Panic of 1961 - it may be a promo card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But only available in Spanish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.