Subject: Where's Mike Doyle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked back at Mike Doyle's blog to see what amazing game art he's been posting and noticed there's been nothing new since September 19th. That's almost 6 weeks; my guess is after he got the gig to redo Big City for Valley Games he's been hitting that hard and heavy. Can't wait to see the result. I do hope he finishes the Dune disks; I'd pay for 8.5x11 printable .pdf's of all those files!

Anybody besides me wanting to see more of his work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like his work. I like that the box covers he has designed are more serious than the originals to reflect that these games are not just for kids, but for adults as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, he does some good stuff! He logged into BGG today, so he's around somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe he just got married very recently...which may explain the lack of work on board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he's busy reading a book on ethics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
swaits wrote:
Maybe he's busy reading a book on ethics.

Jeez... enough already. Obviously Valley Games wasn't too upset by the Die Macher incident -- they hired him to do Big City.
And that'd be my guess. He's busy working on Big City.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhhh Mike, you should've let us speculate for another week. Would've been interesting to see how far we'd go off the deep end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I'm a big fan of your work and your creative eye. Congratulations on your new addition to the family! I'm a proud papa of a 19-month old boy myself. Looking forward to many years of great looking artwork in games from you!

be well,
John Green

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.