Thumb up
1 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Dominion, Prosperity, and Seaside in one box [FINAL RESULT]. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Stevens
msg tools
I've been a long time fan of Dominion and it always gets a good reaction when I pull it of the shelf. I recently decided to take the plunge and get some expansions for it (no idea why I waited so long, but that's beside the point). After doing some research I settled on Prosperity and Seaside because those sets had the cards that were most appealing to me, and they also seem to be the two that are most well received by the community.

Upon receiving the expansions in the mail I took to unwrapping, sorting, sleeving, and putting all the cards in their rightful spots. Once completed, I was somewhat disappointed with how the box inserts were handled. In both sets the insert is the exact same one that comes with base Dominion. But there's one problem, both Prosperity and Seaside have little player boards.

Here's what I was left with:

Prosperity was the biggest problem because there was absolutely no way to fit those player boards in that box and have all the cards in the proper spot. With Seaside you can barely fit the boards in the spot below Wharf, but only if the cards are unsleeved. I ended up putting Wharf in a non-proper spot and then putting all the player boards from both expansions in the Seaside box, a less than ideal situation.

After dealing with this less than adequate setup for a couple weeks, I decided there must be a better way. I researched all solutions out there: custom made wooden cases, generic plastic card carriers, custom inserts for the original Dominion box, etc. I wasn't really willing to spend $100+ on a custom wooden box just to hold my Dominion cards so I eventually settled on finding the best way to fit them all inside the base Dominion box.

After some more digging around I came across Sumpfork's Dominion Tabs and decided to go with that. To make the box more organized I cut off the four sides of the Prosperity box and used those as card dividers in the base Dominion box. I printed up the tabs on 110lb white cardstock and spent what seemed like an eternity cutting them out and organizing the cards into the box. After several hours of laboring I was left with something I'm pretty happy with:

The box is pretty heavy, but is much more organized and it's much easier to get at the cards you need when compared to three separate boxes. I was a bit weary starting this project because I didn't want to end up ruining a box and then have things not work out. Anyway, that's my little project to fit all my Dominion cards in one box and plenty of room for when I get more expansions!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.