Subject: Ambush against a composite force rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Michel
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
A, B and C have one lord (and troops) each in same village controlled by A. A declines to fight. On B's turn, they initiate battle and C joins their camp. A plays ambush on B, capturing their lord.

Now, what happens?

(1) B's army is leaderless and can't attack, leaving C's troops alone to fight

Or

(2) B and C's combined force still has one lord to command it, so the battle continues with all starting troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C takes command of the attacking force : when B is losing his lord, he has to give control of the attacking force to a player (C is the only choice). C can surrender, but he will lose his troops also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I prefer (1), but I do not know the official response.

A noble can not move the other player Troops, so IMHO, a Noble can not lead an attack with the Troops of an other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdric wrote:

A noble can not move the other player Troops, so IMHO, a Noble can not lead an attack with the Troops of an other player.

I agree with this. Relevant bit from the English pdf:

English PDF wrote:

Troops without a Lord can not initiate a Battle, but they can
defend themselves if attacked.
If three or more Players have Troops in a Village, some may
decide to fight together against other opposing Players. They
combine their Troops and the Player with the most Strength
Points (6.2) decides which Troops take hits and which Lord
takes Captives. Allies may betray each other anytime during
the Battle, even switching sides mid-battle!

They can work together, but it doesn't say anything about one Lord leading another player's troops.

Edit: So I'd say (1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravendas wrote:
sdric wrote:

Yes, a Noble cannot move the other player troops BUT if they ally with him they can pass under his command for a (local) attack.
So answer is (2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamnan wrote:
Ravendas wrote:
sdric wrote:

Yes, a Noble cannot move the other player troops BUT if they ally with him they can pass under his command for a (local) attack.
So answer is (2).

Where does it say that? Please back up your claims with rules quotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
According to Tontione (Asyncron team), it is (1)

See http://boardgamegeek.com/article/17381985#17381985

That is how I understand the (french) rules :

Phase 6. Battles
In turn order, Players may declare a Battle in each Village where they and opposing Players have Troops. You cannot declare in one round two Battles against the same player twice in the same Village, but you can have several battle each against different opponent in the same Village.
Note: If a coward Noble is alone (without other Nobles), he cannot initiate a Battle. If he is attacked by an opponent who has a greater SP army, he immediately surrenders, is captured, and all of his Troops are taken off of the map.
Note: A loyal Noble cannot attack allied Nobles (by marriage). He may, however, defend against any ally who attacks him. If a loyal Noble is present with another Noble he still prevents the attack on allies.
Note: Before a Battle begins, a persuasive Noble may convert 1 Man at Arms or a mercenary from an opponent to his own.

Opposing Players do not have to Battle each other and can declare a Truce, which can be broken at any time. A Battle occurs immediately. After a Battle is resolved, the Player whose turn it is decides in which Village, if any, he resolves his next Battle.
Note: A Player is allowed to attack an ally. Troops without a Noble can not initiate a Battle, but they can defend themselves if attacked.
If more than two Players are present in a Village, some may decide to fight together against other Players present. All attacking allied Players need to have a Noble and at least one troop in the battle location, if one Player lost his last Noble in the Village (Due to an Archer, Ambush, Assassination...), his Troops cannot attack anymore even if forming part of an alliance unless the defensive leader wishes to continue the battle (he do not need a Lord to continue a Battle). A player does not need a Noble to join a defensive alliance.
Players join forces before battle, and no others may join a battle after it has started. A Player must engage all of his Nobles and Troops or none but not part.
Note: A Player cannot attack or join an offensive alliance except during crusade, if one of his Templar is also present.
The player in phase declare a battle against a specific player. This two players are the leader and decides the allocation of losses and the control of any prisoners. The others player can rally one of this two leader (with their agreement). A leader cannot assign damage to the allied Noble if the alliance still have Troops (so both allied Nobles would be the last to die).
At the end of each round, such an alliance can be broken, any allied player can leave the battle or join the other side. The leader can only end the battle due to normal condition.
Note: If a besieged Player accepts help or join an ally, the alliance benefits from the wall protection (reinforcements come inside the fortification). But his (false) ally can join the other side opening the gate, the besieged Player will not benefit anymore from the wall protection

The point I have the more doubt is the fact a Nobleless Troops can Join a defensive alliance. This point is an interpretation of the fact that Troops do not need a Noble to defend themselve. And the fact you do not need a Noble to continue the battle if the attacking side lost his last Noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Michel
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Actually, the answer was in the comprehensive (french) FAQ, page 22, and it is (2). Also, the ambush occurs during the battle, so can't be used to avoid the battle altogether (french FAQ p. 14), there is at least one round of losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThierryM wrote:
Actually, the answer was in the comprehensive (french) FAQ, page 22, and it is (2). Also, the ambush occurs during the battle, so can't be used to avoid the battle altogether (french FAQ p. 14), there is at least one round of losses.

This is wrong : Philippe Mouchebeuf answered you can play Ambush to avoid the battle by capturing the lone lord of your opponent at the beginning of the battle (before archers shoot).

--> http://fief3.fr/2015/02/23/carte-embuscade/#comments
last 2 posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.