J B
msg tools
So if a card says, "blah blah blah gain surge: Recover 1 heart" that does not mean you gain a surge correct? It means you gain the ability to use a surge that you rolled to do the "Recover 1 heart" or whatever it says? My friend is arguing that it means you gain a surge that does that on your roll.

I don't think it would make sense that you get a surge that does whatever just because the card says so. I am pretty sure it means that you gain the ability to spend a surge to do the ability on the card, usually with a restriction of 3 spaces away. Speaking of spaces away do you have to count around red blocks (obstacles) when counting spaces for abilities that say 3 spaces away? or can you count through them?

Thanks,
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. This means you gain a new surge ability, but you still need to roll the surge to use it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That heroic ability (Avric's) essentially says, "in addition to whatever text is present on the weapon of a hero within 3 of you ('Surge: +1wound', 'Surge: +1 range', etc..) add 'Surge: Recover 1 wound'."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
msg tools
Cool. Thanks a lot guys!

Thanks,
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.