Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Michaud
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where can we find support for the ASL Comp version of this game? This page only seems to cover the ATS version?

I don't see a page for this game on Consimworld at all. Am I just missing it? Is it hidden somewhere? Or is there really no support for this on Consimworld?

I am setting up "First Challenge" as my first learning scenario. Strange that this is Scenario #7, but whatever. Anyway, rolling for random leaders I noticed that a 7-8 on the table generates an 8-0 leader. There is only one Union 8-0 leader. The most common roll will be a 7, but there's only one counter?? Why? That's gotta be some kind of mistake somewhere, either on the table or in the counter mix.

Other than that, the components look nice. Not folding the maps smaller is a bit of a pain for storage, but I happen to have enough flat game boxes to store these big maps in, so I'm OK.

I'm sure I will have more questions as I work through it. I suppose I'll just post them here, unless directed to some other site that focuses on the ASL version.

Thanks,
Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McNeely
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Critical Hit has pretty much no online support except on their own forums. Ray doesn't respond well to criticism on open forums. I don't know how active the CH forum is as it has been at least three years since I bothered to go there.

You might try on Gamesquad's ASL boards. Those guys can be pretty helpful despite the wars of personality that flare up over there. Actually I find it part of the charm. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Michaud
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions Sean. I am on Gamesquad and check the ASL forum pretty often. Many people seem to be very hostile to CH products (understandably), but I like some of their stuff. This was just too intriguing for me to resist...and I got a great price. The designer said that CH didn't playtest at all, so I know it's gonna need some tweaks. But he seems to be interested in supporting it, so I'm hoping that he'll help me figure out some ways to make it work better. I already have some ideas. But I will check on Gamesquad eventually...just not looking forward to getting my head bitten off by Mark Pitcavage and the other CH haters...especially because I agree with them in some ways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also try the Advanced Tobruk forum on Consimworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.