Popular Tags: [View All]
inkey jones
msg tools
Hi,

there seem to be some great deals/prices at magierspiele

especially if you are buying a load at once*

but I don't seem to be able to complete any purchases

anyone from UK use them?

I have tried multiple times to register - it seems to work [but I never get any emails to confirm anything] - and if I try to pay either it won't work through 'amazon' payment... but through paypal it finishes by saying I have bought things [but I don't get any confirmation email, nothing comes out of my bank account - I don't get told by paypal that I have made a payment... and one time I hadn't even put my address in ???]

I guess there is a chance I have bought stuff three times... but more likely I haven't bought anything.

So any ideas or experiences from others [?]

I can only translate the home page - and the rest I have to copy and paste bits to make sure I know what I am doing.

Final question - if I buy Bang Bullet from them - I guess I get cards with German all over them [?] like German Card Character names [?]. It's a great price - butI presumed it wouldn't be a version I can use.

Thanks for any help or advice

Edit * as there is one postage cost no matter how much you buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan T
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
inkD wrote:

Final question - if I buy Bang Bullet from them - I guess I get cards with German all over them [?] like German Card Character names [?]. It's a great price - butI presumed it wouldn't be a version I can use.

Since it is a German shop and Germany has got a huge domestic market for board games, please assume everything will be in German unless the game description says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Jepson
Ireland
Cork
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want the English versions, there are some available on the site for some games. Search for "Englisch" or "Englische". A lot of German stores stock both English and German versions of popular games (e.g. Dead of Winter, Smash Up) or the English version, if there is no German translation. But it will always state if it's in English, so double check - unless you don't mind having the game in German and downloading the English rules as an alternative for games with little or no text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F.
Germany
Rettigheim
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I regularly buy stuff from them, but since I'm German that's quite simple. What's not too apparent when looking at their page: It's a regular game store. Maybe fire up Skype and call them, Tuesday-Friday 10AM-3PM (CET or UTC+1).
It's an educated guess, but in the boardgaming community I expect them to handle english calls and they can probably help you best.

As Stefan pointed out: In general the game you're ordering is the German version, unless explicitly specified otherwise.
But a lot of games may have little to no language dependency, your best bet is to refer to the corresponding game's BGG page and look at the chart/stats for "Language Dependence".

E.g. for Bang:
47% say "Some necessary text - easily memorized or small crib sheet"
50% say "Moderate in-game text - needs crib sheet or paste ups"

Which fits with my experience: Character cards/abilities need translation, but almost all play cards use iconography with very little text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding German online shops and international shipping, you should always ask their international shipping policy first. Shipping things outside of Germany is quite cheap with DHL, but since they have to do things seperately from their usual way of shipping, which often is being discounted by the parcel companies because of the bigger volumes of shipments and thus has better rates for the professionals than for normal users, international shipping costs might be a good bit higher than normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.