Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: thrift [+] [View All]
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How did everyone do at the Foster City Garage Sale?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/130636?sk=garage+sale
I was able to get the following:

Beowulf
Louis XIV
Condottiere
Trias
for a total of $59.00

Not bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17385

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Yegods has posted a Geeklist of his acquisitions, and invited others to add to it:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17385

I've added two of the best items we got, which were the RoboRally set (with all expansions except Crash and Burn) and the Lord of the Rings set (with all expansions). In addition we picked up:

Junta
Ivanhoe
Formula Motor Racing
Hellas
Atlanteon
Circus Maximus
Way Out West
Quo Vadis
Parthenon - Rise of the Aegean
Wooden Ships and Iron Men

I was also pleased about Circus Maximus and Parthenon; I've never played either but they look very cool. My wife Helen (all praise to her for actually bagging all of this while I was off fencing!) is excited about Junta, which she played once and really enjoyed.

Let me once again thank Tom for holding this event and publicizing it. Helen said he was really well organized and handled the crowd very fairly and very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylus
Struggle of Empires
Runebound + Shadows

Total $52

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! I may have scored Robo Rally, but I might not have bid so hard if I had known you had Cerebus The Aardvark as your avatar. I'd have been too intimidated. I really wanted Robo Rally even though I have never played a game of it yet where I did not run my robot right off the edge so often it finally dies completely. I'm just determined to win someday.

We really wanted Evo and El Grande very much as well, but I was determined not to cause any more auctions just because I wanted something. I know a lot of others did the same. Only the really underpriced, valuable games went up for auction and that was just right.

I want to commend Tom again for the way he handled his sale. Job well done! I think our gaming community here in the Bay Area is great and the camaraderie among us all really showed as each of us got some things we really wanted and had to let go of things we couldn't. In the end we all know we'll see those very games hitting the tables at the local game sessions soon, so we'll still get vicarious pleasure from these great bargains that our friends bought.

Thanks again Tom,

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I arrived just before 9:30 and found a note that basically said 1) Don't knock before 10 and 2) Games with multiple interest would be instant auctioned. Pretty fair.

When I arrived, there were only two other guys there before me. We compared wish lists and found very little overlap. We requested a wish list recitation from every new arrival. Just before 10, people were arriving so fast, we couldn't keep up with the lists.

At 10:00, Tom came out to the street and invited us into the garage. He had three tables set up: one for euro games, one for war games and one for smaller games. I told Tom that we needed an auction for RoboRally, Tikal and Arabian Knights, then immediately went to work on my list.
I saw Caylus sitting right up front, but I decided to go deep and grab El Grande and Samurai. My arms quickly filled up, so I started a stack on the front door steps.

There were about two dozen people there at the peak. I wish I had stopped to take a picture. It was a bit chaotic, but people were very polite. I saw that someone had Princes of Florence, that was one of my top picks. I asked them for it, and they said yes. Someone else asked for my Ricochet Robots and I said yes.

By the time I left at 10:20, the euro table was picked clean, with only about three or four games left.
Here's what I got:
T&E
PoF
Samurai
El Grande
Rome
Carribean
Plunder
Through the Desert
Arab Ireali Wars
Mystery of the Abbey (these last three for my friend at work)
$173 total

When I got home, I happily pawed through my new stash. They were all in excellent condition. At about 3AM I was lying awake and realized that something was missing. I hadn't pawed through Carribean. So I put on my pants and went out to find that it had slid to the floor of the car. Now I could sleep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.